1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, May 9, 2019.

1. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

First up, appears Tom Robertson is heading to the Force. Good move for both clubs.
  2. Silverado Arch Winning (36)

Good for the Force, Waratahs not so much. I suppose Bell has been anointed, but he needs time to improve his scrummaging
    Drew and Blackadder like this.
  3. qwerty51 George Gregan (70)

I give him 6 months. He'll be fine.
  4. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Still not great for the Tahs imho. I think Robertson is a little underrated and with his long period out for injury is only starting to look back where he was and is really just entering that sweet spot at 26yrs. I think we've seen how well having some depth and competition for positions has worked for the Brumbies.
    Silverado and Rugbynutter39 like this.
  5. wamberal David Codey (61)

I watched a bit of the game last night, frankly Crichton looked out of his depth. Hard to reconcile the reality with the hype.
  6. rugboy Alfred Walker (16)

The had 60 put on them, everyone looked out of their depth. I have seen a bit of the roosters play the last few weeks and he and Keary have been 2 of their best. Be happy to have both back.
  7. Up the Guts Paul McLean (56)

That was our biggest win over Easts in 112 years of the game. We were just on another level and it’s hard to judge any of the Chooks based on that, especially when they have a couple of guys who are legitimate contenders for best players in the world in their positions.

What I take away from that game in relation to Union is what a talent pool there is in Australia for contact athletes and what a side we’d have for Union if the athletes weren’t split across three codes. Someone like Koloamatangi, who was basically unheard of outside of Souths circles at the start of the season, would walk into the Waratahs side given time in the game.
  8. Adam84 Ken Catchpole (46)

Shannon Frizell or Tyson Frizelle?
  9. wamberal David Codey (61)

Okay, but I did say that I only watched the opening quarter or so, I kept an eye on Crichton the whole time, and he did nothing: the score was one try apiece when I lost interest.
  10. Rebels3 Ken Catchpole (46)

Tyson has signed for the Knights for a bucket load of cash.
  11. Up the Guts Paul McLean (56)

He stripped Graham 15 out from Souths’ line and in the next set broke Souths’ defence in the tackle that preceded the Roosters’ first try. He was anonymous after that but he was basically the architect of their first try.

Anyway, I would take him at the Tahs next year if he was willing to come back.
  12. sendit Bill Watson (15)

Brilliant hole runner, busy off the ball, great short passing game and sound in defence. Would take him in a heartbeat
    formerflanker and rugboy like this.
  13. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

14. eastman Ted Thorn (20)

I once saw Dan Carter have a pretty average 20 minutes too.
  15. wamberal David Codey (61)

If that period of 20 minutes was the only time you had ever seen Dan Carter play, what would you think of him?
  16. molman Nicholas Shehadie (39)

17. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Not fully confirmed he just confirmed it
    molman likes this.
  18. formerflanker Chilla Wilson (44)

Now there are some names to conjure up magical memories - on ya Froggy.
    The Cumberland throw.
    Long haired skinny fullbacks.
    5/8s with hands of silk.
    Long striding centres.
  19. formerflanker Chilla Wilson (44)

Me too. One question though - back row or centres?
  20. fatprop David Wilson (68)