• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

S

Show-n-go

Would he actually come at that price though?

He may be stuck for options to a certain degree so may take a cut, especially if that cut includes coming back to Australia and possible wallaby caps/RA contract

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He had the option to come back this year and play a RWC and didn’t, I don’t think he places a whole lot of emphasis on test caps if he is willing to forgo a RWC, I think money will be the deciding factor for where he ends up.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
If he did come back it would be through a combo of Tahs, RA and private donors chipping in. There is numerous players running around that are being partially subsidized through private money.

S

Show-n-go

He had the option to come back this year and play a RWC and didn’t, I don’t think he places a whole lot of emphasis on test caps if he is willing to forgo a RWC, I think money will be the deciding factor for where he ends up.

Possible squad spot last year as opposed to probably starting side for the Wallabies coupled with his clubs current position this year

Very different situation to 6 months ago

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
if RA and Reds can pay 1mil+ a year for a league wing we won't see for another year whilst at the same time extending Koroibete and upgrading Daugunu on a RA top up - I can't see how we CAN'T afford Skelton at 750 considering we just lost Coleman AND Arnold with Simmons not probably far behind them

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Possible squad spot last year as opposed to probably starting side for the Wallabies coupled with his clubs current position this year

Very different situation to 6 months ago

6 months ago everyone knew who who was leaving and who was staying, nothings really changed in that space.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

Listening to the House fo Rugby Podcast.

Saracens really take care of their players financially (and we have learnt by how much), culturally (bonding trips) and that they are winners. Add to that the lack of travel and I can see how that can be a really compelling case.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Are we able to speculate on a 23 for the first match yet? I think our two wings from last year and potentially Ned Hanigan might be at risk of losing their starting spots?

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
His wife plays rugby over there as well, don't know at what level but maybe that's another reason they want to stay

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Are we able to speculate on a 23 for the first match yet? I think our two wings from last year and potentially Ned Hanigan might be at risk of losing their starting spots?

15 Mark Nawaqanitawase
14 Cam Clark
13 Lalakai Foketi
12 Karmichael Hunt
11 Alex Newsome
10 Kurtley Beale
9 Jake Gordon
8 Jake Dempsey
7 Michael Hooper
6 Ned Hanigan
5 Jed Holloway
4 Rob Simmons
3 HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
2 Damien Fitzpatrick
1 Tom Robertson

16 Robbie Abel
17 Tetera Faulkner
18 Chris Talakai
19 Lachlan Swinton
20 Will Harris
21 Mitch Short
22 Tepai Moeroa
23 Will Harrison

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
15 Mark Nawaqanitawase Jack Maddocks
14 Cam Clark / Alex Newsome
13 Lalakai Foketi
12 Karmichael Hunt
11 Alex Newsome Mark Nawaqanitawase
10 Kurtley Beale
9 Jake Gordon
8 Jake Dempsey
7 Michael Hooper
6 Ned Hanigan
5 Jed Holloway
4 Rob Simmons
2 Damien Fitzpatrick
1 Tom Robertson

16 Robbie Abel
17 Tetera Faulkner
18 Chris Talakai
19 Lachlan Swinton
20 Will Harris
21 Mitch Short
22 Tepai Moeroa
23 Will Harrison

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)

15 Mark Nawaqanitawase Jack Maddocks
14 Cam Clark or Alex Newsome
13 Lalakai Foketi
12 Karmichael Hunt
11 Alex Newsome Mark Nawaqanitawase
10 Kurtley Beale
9 Jake Gordon
8 Jack Dempsey
7 Michael Hooper
6 Ned Hanigan Lachlan Swinton
5 Jed Holloway
4 Rob Simmons
2 Damien Fitzpatrick
1 Tom Robertson

16 Robbie Abel
17 Tetera Faulkner Angus Bell
18 Chris Talakai
19 Lachlan Swinton Ned Hanigan
20 Will Harris
21 Mitch Short
22 Tepai Moeroa
23 Will Harrison

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Not a bad looking side in whichever combinations. However, is there a chance of McDonald sitting on the bench in place of Short?

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Going to wing it - get some hopes, dreams and x factor in there.

1. Robertson 2. Fitz 3. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes)
4. Simmons 5. Skelton
6. Dempsey 8. Holloway 7. Hoops
9. Gordon 10. Beale 11. Lisala 12. Hunt 13. Moeroa 14. Nawaqanitawase 15. Maddocks

16. Abel 17. Faulkner 18. Talakai 19. Hanigan 20. Swinton 21. Short 22. Harrison 23. Clark