• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
OK, Here's my Christmas shopping list for any Billionaire rugby philanthropists who wants to make the Tahs great again. won't hold my breath though. Add these boys to the current squad and the tahs would be a real handful!

Tolu Latu - Was close to our best player at RWC 19
Skelton - We desperately need the bulk and line bending that he brings
Rodda - He's a NSW boy anyway. Another big frame
Zane Nongorr - He'll be stuck behind TT for years, he could have a big future here
Samu Kerevi - Big body in the backs, our current guys are all fast, skillful and tough. but the big collisions need a few big bodies. Qld looking good in the backs with JOC (James O'Connor), Paisami, Petaia, Vunivalu, Daungunu etc, amazingly they probably don't even need him!
Taqele Naiyaravoro - See above.

OK Santa, over to you!

Wouldn't mind getting Ben Gunter from the Sunwolves and Pocock out of retirement to cover for Hoops/lead the young back rowers.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Getting a backrow of Swinton, Dempsey and Harris could be ok. If we don't sign any locks we'd be looking at Holloway and Staniforth in the row too.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There's Jeremy Williams at Easts too but I don't think him or Douglas are ready for Super Rugby next year.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Wouldn't mind getting Ben Gunter from the Sunwolves and Pocock out of retirement to cover for Hoops/lead the young back rowers.

I like Gunter, but just like Vosacoya, the other young dynamic backrower that played for the sunwolves (from sydney) - these guys became japan eligible in 2019 and will come in to replace the likes of Hendrick Tui and other 30+ backrowers from the Japan world cup.

Raytah

Allen Oxlade (6)
Getting a backrow of Swinton, Dempsey and Harris could be ok. If we don't sign any locks we'd be looking at Holloway and Staniforth in the row too.

I'd like to see them bring in an experienced lock or two to sure up the row - wouldn't be cheap but Douglas, Carter, Pyle or even Dave Dennis would be my main targets.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
"If" the system is working, and "if" he has been putting in the work, Tizzano deserves a chance to cover for Hooper

Number 7

Darby Loudon (17)

That backrow looks good plus Tizzano, Gamble and Sinclair as cover means we have good depth.

The lock conundrum is worrying. Do you break the bank to get a star to return? Unlikely given budget cuts. Do you go with youth? Not sure the options are compelling. Might be worth keeping an eye on Mitre 10 which starts soon for a bolter.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Tizzano in 7 and Max Douglass at lock are 2 good prospects.

Douglas at exactly 200cm according to Rugby.com.au. Been playing back row for Manly - No 8 last weekend

DOB 1/1/00 - Y2K baby - would have played U20 this year - what I have seen of him, he is a very impressive player

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Wow Penney had better have some players lined up soon

Robertson may have been getting an ARU top up (?), and now he appears not to be.

Better he go to the force than O/S

I always thought he was more suitable as a THP. He was always very stable their when he was thrown in and his touches around the field are THP'ish

Our LHPs need to be more dynamic

Good luck to the guy, I hope he kills it