• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Wykes is not a bad option - serviceable

There is just not enough proven locks around that tahs can afford.

He was 'ok' for the Sunwolves. I'd like to see some young prospects brought in that we can be developing. This Tah's side has that feeling of being something special in two or so more years once those developing players have a few more caps together. The other franchises snapped up all the Junior Wallabies lock talent from recent years. It'd be great to have someone like a Frost on the books.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
He was 'ok' for the Sunwolves. I'd like to see some young prospects brought in that we can be developing. This Tah's side has that feeling of being something special in two or so more years once those developing players have a few more caps together. The other franchises snapped up all the Junior Wallabies lock talent from recent years. It'd be great to have someone like a Frost on the books.
We've got the likes of Douglass at lock coming through, but he's a bit green. I agree about Frost being a target. I've heard that squad sizes might be reduced, so fingers crossed. Wykes will be an ok squad filler

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
We've got the likes of Douglass at lock coming through, but he's a bit green. I agree about Frost being a target. I've heard that squad sizes might be reduced, so fingers crossed. Wykes will be an ok squad filler

This is that area where I feel the NZ / IRE cental contract style model has a benefit. The management of talent across their Clubs/Franchises.

Forgot about Douglass. Is he running around in the SS or have I just missed him?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
This is that area where I feel the NZ / IRE cental contract style model has a benefit. The management of talent across their Clubs/Franchises.

Forgot about Douglass. Is he running around in the SS or have I just missed him?
Last I saw he was plying at 6 for Manly

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Interesting to see Mahe Vailanu named at 6. Surely his utility value makes him a Super Rugby squad candidate?

Anybody able to shed light on Tim Simona's prowess since swapping over?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)

As Silverado has said, playing 6 for Manly, but billed as 200cm tall so easily can play lock and given he's that tall and playing 6 he should bring some nice skills to the row.