• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

Joker

Greg Davis (50)
This summed up season 2023 today. The Waratahs bus was not on track this year.

E5489AD8-42A1-488C-90C2-9AA1ADEF4530.jpeg

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Money must have been good for Harris, because that's the only explanation as to why he'd go.

Not like he was short of starting opportunities here. Or that he's in a better spot for his career in Perth playing for a generally shithouse team.

He could be a good quality Wallaby, but this move makes that less likely IMO.
Cron is a great forwards coach, he can definitely improve young talent. Of course, the question is whether he can do that whilst handling all the other responsibilities of head coach.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Harris was hampered by injury for a couple of seasons

He is now behind Gleeson and at the Tahs, he is very likely to be a bench option at best

But he is a good player and I hope he starts and kills it at the Force, just not against the Tahs

Agent

Alfred Walker (16)
Harris was hampered by injury for a couple of seasons

He is now behind Gleeson and at the Tahs, he is very likely to be a bench option at best

But he is a good player and I hope he starts and kills it at the Force, just not against the Tahs

Yes Harris is behind Gleeson and Swinton for the 6/8 role and Gamble is our obvious 7, and likely Ward as backup. I worry we are an injury / suspension or 2 away from looking very thin on backrow options. I'm a bit puzzled as to why the Tahs wouldn't have tried a bit harder to keep Harris. Who is our 8 if Gleeson is out?

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Of course we don't have an RL thread, but this is too true not to share. Make it happen:
1687502611379.png

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Any other news on recruiting?

Really want to hear Amatosero signed.

Backrow also needed as well as a 3rd 9.

I know Dan Nelson has trained with them through pre season and was part of the U20s squad for the NZ series.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Any other news on recruiting?

Really want to hear Amatosero signed.

Backrow also needed as well as a 3rd 9.

I know Dan Nelson has trained with them through pre season and was part of the U20s squad for the NZ series.
This is purely speculation but surely Jack Barrett is going to be signed either this year or next year? Been an absolute unit for the u20s

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
They def need another hooker. plus a good shute shield hooker as backup. a 3rd 9 is needed as goddard is off to brumbies - could they take a 3rd choice option back like jack grant who's been released by ealing? dowling is lighting up shute shield but wont get a crack, hed be better off back with 7s imo. i did hear that a few of the hunter players are training with tahs, theyre obv doing well plus the brother connection. with hunter signing ryan louwrens for rest of season - is that a sign that he could be the 3rd 9 for tahs?

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
They def need another hooker. plus a good shute shield hooker as backup. a 3rd 9 is needed as goddard is off to brumbies - could they take a 3rd choice option back like jack grant who's been released by ealing? dowling is lighting up shute shield but wont get a crack, hed be better off back with 7s imo. i did hear that a few of the hunter players are training with tahs, theyre obv doing well plus the brother connection. with hunter signing ryan louwrens for rest of season - is that a sign that he could be the 3rd 9 for tahs?
Julian Heaven hooker from Easts signed with the Tahs a few weeks ago. Dowling has been the best full-back in the shute shield, but he's behind a lot of very talented players in the Tahs squad.

HarryElite

Herbert Moran (7)
Julian Heaven hooker from Easts signed with the Tahs a few weeks ago. Dowling has been the best full-back in the shute shield, but he's behind a lot of very talented players in the Tahs squad.
heaven was only injury cover. hes not signed for 2024

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Wouldn’t surprise me to see Dan Nelson around the group as he was in the pre season. Only took 2 9s to the U20s WC but he played in the NZ series.

Would be the right price unless a guy like Jack grant has nothing else.