• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Crusaders Friday 31st May 5:40pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Brendan McKibbin, Dave Dennis (capt), Michael Cooper, Pat McCutcheon, Kane Douglas, Sitaleki Timani, Sekope Kepu, John Ulugia, Benn Robinson. Res: Luke Holmes, Paddy Ryan, Will Skelton, Jed Holloway, Matt Lucas, Berrick Barnes, Drew Mitchell.
Is Michael Cooper replacing an injured Michael Hooper???

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Didn't read anything about Palu's injury, can someone fill me in.

Briefly took the piss out of him when he was walking back to Tah HQ during training, seemed in good spirits, asked him if it was serious and he smiled "Nah bro". Not sure what the injury is exactly though.

Grandmaster Flash

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Is Michael Cooper replacing an injured Michael Hooper???

Ah ha! Copied it stragiht from bloody AAP - http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8666577

This is from the Tahs' site re Palu's injury: The absence of Wycliff Palu, who failed to recover from a knock to the knee in last week’s game, has seen Head Coach Michael Cheika reshuffle his back row, with Pat McCutcheon coming in to the starting XV on the blindside flank.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
JSRF10: were you looking for Tahs' training?

BIL training:-

Date: Wednesday 12 June
Time: 3-5pm
Venue: Allianz Stadium, Driver Avenue, Moore Park

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
JSRF10: were you looking for Tahs' training?

BIL training:-

Date: Wednesday 12 June
Time: 3-5pm
Venue: Allianz Stadium, Driver Avenue, Moore Park

Cheers mate, I got that email from the ARU too, been down the past few weeks to Tahs training although I'll probably miss that one but it entirely depends on how quickly DIAC gets me back to work

J

Josh Phillips

I dont dissagree with Cheicka'd descision to play berrick of the bench this week. Horne is too good to play 20 minutes off the bench

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Horne to help gain the advantage line and soften up their midfield, Berrick to bring it home

Having said that - Crusaders by 15

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Saders - no Owen Franks, no Sam Whitelock. Andy Ellis to bench.

Crusaders: Israel Dagg, Tom Marshall, Ryan Crotty, Tom Taylor, Zac Guildford, Dan Carter, Willie Heinz, Kieran Read, Matt Todd, George Whitelock, Dominic Bird, Luke Romano, Nepo Laulala, Corey Flynn, Wyatt Crockett. Reserves: Ben Funnell, Joe Moody, Luke Whitelock, Andy Ellis, Robbie Fruean, Adam Whitelock.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I hope Robbie Fruean leaves the Crusaders at the end of this year and goes somewhere he'll get more game time......

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I hope Robbie Fruean leaves the Crusaders at the end of this year and goes somewhere he'll get more game time..

So you don't think he's dropped on form? The guy goes missing in 70% of his games and turns up for the rest.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
I hope Robbie Fruean leaves the Crusaders at the end of this year and goes somewhere he'll get more game time..

He's been given every opportunity in the world though. He just hasn't stepped up this year. IMO he's been very poor this and even had a couple of absolute mares. He needs to earn back his spot which has been his for more than 2 seasons.

Wing is his best position.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Didn't I read somewhere that Fruean has some sort of congenital medical problem that would usually prevent a lesser person from becoming a semi-professional athlete?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Referee this week is Glen "anything goes at the breakdown" Jackson. Unless he has had a giant pillaging by the assessors and changes his ways, this will play right into the Crusaders hands. Despite the rev-up Cheika has given the forwards I expect us to get monstered at the breakdown and the offside line. That'll mean we won't get our game plan working. I don't have a good feeling about the game, it could be a mauling.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Rheumatic fever for which he has had open heart surgery

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Never thought he would play rugby after the open heart surgery, apparently doctors told him he could but got pretty limited playing life, they said ticker may struggle a bit, and apparently his main problem at moment is that. He runs out of breath pretty quick, reason he goes missing in games for spells, also I think reason he hasn't chased overseas. I actually find him pretty inspirational type person in the fact he has plays level he does, and didn't just let it beat him!!

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
I'm not a big fan of Horne but I do think he's the right call under the circumstances. Berrick is a great option off the bench once the midfield has opened up a bit.

Even with the Crusaders missing a few All Blacks, I think they'll win by 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.