• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Crusaders Friday 31st May 5:40pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
If I was Hooper I would be asking the ref one question "When you say Ball is out, do you mean its really out or are you trying to get me pinged?"

If he's saying "Its not OUT" I would be furious!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If I was Hooper I would be asking the ref one question "When you say Ball is out, do you mean its really out or are you trying to get me pinged?"

If he's saying "Its not OUT" I would be furious!

Especially after Read picked one up that was clearly not out and Jackson let it go. Don't get me started on Cutch not getting a penalty just before the try for holding on.. Was there on his feet for at least 2 more seconds than Romano.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Jackson has been spot on with the "ball out/offisde" calls. Communication hasn't been perfect but 2nd half should improve.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
For me the situation, re: is the ball out or in. At the scrum it looked to be out initially but then it was picked up by a Sader, taken to ground, then a ruck quickly formed. Hooper went for the ball a fraction too late (ruck had just been formed) which would explain the referee's change of mind, the situation simply changed very quickly. It would also explain Hooper not getting penalised for being offside because it all happened so quick & he did retreat back behind the offside line. Personally, I see nothing wrong here but that's based on memory of what was a pretty quick event, would like to see a replay. I don't think Jackson is doing a bad job regarding the ball in or out rulings specifically.

Saders missed tackled mentioned. Have missed a few but they have been mainly defending in this game. I thought the defence looked good for the most part.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Nice scrum Waratahs. It's always funny when Aussies dominate a scrum, they can't help but sound like a bunch of yobbos when they celebrate. lol. They're going well so far.

Jackson's so dodge..

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
These Saders line-outs are going to make my hair go grey.

Ellis on for Heinz.

Great maul. Can't see the ball grounded though.

hazzaj

Alfred Walker (16)
even the commentators have no idea about the penalties "im sure something illegal happened there" ??? give me a break

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
You guys are criticizing Jackson for the 1 thing in this game he is doing perfectly. Managing the offside line at the ruck.

Positioning in the in-goal has been not super rugby standard.
The ruck entry has been not managed that greatly.
Among a few other small things he's got to work on.

But offside at the ruck? He's a former 9/10 and he's very sharp in this area.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Fair call....

There's no way the 'saders didn't score from that maul...

Yeah that is my thinking. Normally when a maul goes over the try line like that a try is awarded so I have no probs with the try but it still doesn't change that the ball could not be seen hitting the deck. It pretty much says Jackson should have just called it a try then & there without the TMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.