• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Blues - Round 11, Saturday 6 May, Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upthenuts

Dave Cowper (27)
4-3, now. No bonus point win and the Blues mathematical finals chances must now be all but gone, I'd imagine.
our season of not losing to inferior foreign teams is still going! the blues will finish on more points than the top aussie team

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
First half I think one of the worst displays I have ever seen from a Waratahs side, just nothing good to say about them.
Second half, still plenty of dumb mistakes, but glimpses also of just what could be. I think part of the difference was the injection of Skelton and Phipps. Phipps is getting back to form, and I thought was outstanding, and Skelton absolutely monstered them, and not just a couple of times, but kept at it. As always, Foley was instrumental in anything any good that happened.
I don't know why the Tahs play so dumb sometimes, if it's coaching, then obviously Gibson has to go. Or maybe the majority of the side just tune off when they run out, buggered if I know! I have to say, there are big group who just aren't at Super standard, Ryan, McDulling, Mumm these days, R Robinson, neither Horwitz nor Simone are there yet, Holloway having a major case of second year syndrome.
Just rambling thoughts, very disappointing year.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Is it any shock that Phipps shows some return to form when there's competition for the spot? Everyone benefits when there's more than one option.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
First/second half I think one of the worst displays I have ever seen from a [INSERT AUS Super Rugby TEAM HERE] side, just nothing good to say about them.
Second half, still plenty of dumb mistakes, but glimpses also of just what could be. I think part of the difference was the injection of [INSERT X NUMBERS OUT-OF-FORM BIG NAMES WHO DID WELL]. [INSERT OUT-OF-FORM BIG NAME WHO DID WELL] is getting back to form, and I thought was outstanding, and [INSERT OUT-OF-FORM BIG NAME WHO DID WELL] absolutely monstered them, and not just a couple of times, but kept at it. As always, [INSERT ONLY CONSISTENT PLAYER/S] was instrumental in anything any good that happened.
I don't know why the [INSERT AUS Super Rugby TEAM HERE] play so dumb sometimes, if it's coaching, then obviously [INSERT AUS Super Rugby TEAM HC HERE] has to go. Or maybe the majority of the side just tune off when they run out, buggered if I know! I have to say, there are big group who just aren't at Super standard, [INSERT ONCE GOOD PLAYERS WHO ARE NOW SHIT] these days, [INSERT PLAYER WHO NEVER HAD IT], [INSERT YOUNG PLYERS WITH POTENTIAL] are there yet, [INSERT YOUNG PLAYER WHO WAS GOOD LAST YEAR] having a major case of second year syndrome.

Australian rugby this year - insert players/coaches/etc of your favourite team

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Far out. I hope that was rock bottom. That first 40 - Poor defence, no ball retention, shit house kicking. All the basics were fucked. I would hate to see the first half stats. What is wrong with these guys? We seem to be going backwards. Scary thing is the blues aren't even that great, plus they had injuries during the game.

Some nice tries in the second half, but we were never in it.

footy1>31

Ted Thorn (20)
Seriously the most disappointing part of being at the game was the lack of urgency shown by the leaders (Foley namely) of the team in the second half when the comeback was on. For example little things like kicking the ball into touch quickly, running (not walking) to lineouts and the biggest gripe of mine, not taking a drop goal when your kicking for goal straight in front, instead waiting for the tee and wasting a valuable (in hindsight, but I also yelled out) 2 minutes. These are basic attitude triggers and to me they just weren't there. Definitely a disappointing game yet again and I'm confident it will come together for a full 80 soon.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Seriously the most disappointing part of being at the game was the lack of urgency shown by the leaders (Foley namely) of the team in the second half when the comeback was on. For example little things like kicking the ball into touch quickly, running (not walking) to lineouts and the biggest gripe of mine, not taking a drop goal when your kicking for goal straight in front, instead waiting for the tee and wasting a valuable (in hindsight, but I also yelled out) 2 minutes. These are basic attitude triggers and to me they just weren't there. Definitely a disappointing game yet again and I'm confident it will come together for a full 80 soon.
It doesn't seem from the score that this was a game that was lost by 2 minutes

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
First half I think one of the worst displays I have ever seen from a Waratahs side, just nothing good to say about them.
Second half, still plenty of dumb mistakes, but glimpses also of just what could be. I think part of the difference was the injection of Skelton and Phipps. Phipps is getting back to form, and I thought was outstanding, and Skelton absolutely monstered them, and not just a couple of times, but kept at it. As always, Foley was instrumental in anything any good that happened.
I don't know why the Tahs play so dumb sometimes, if it's coaching, then obviously Gibson has to go. Or maybe the majority of the side just tune off when they run out, buggered if I know! I have to say, there are big group who just aren't at Super standard, Ryan, McDulling, Mumm these days, R Robinson, neither Horwitz nor Simone are there yet, Holloway having a major case of second year syndrome.
I'm not sure Gibson can coach, and there's a doubt as to whether kiwis can coach Aussies (I think they assume competence which is dangerous assumption) but this malaise did not start last year: one thing we do know is that it's contagious.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Tahs are clearly the superior Aussie franchise, this round we accumulated more competition points than all the other franchises put together. 1.

Tongue in cheek aside and credit where credit is due the second half was pretty good. The first half was abysmal. They showed they can do it though, but as has been the case for the whole season they need to put it together for 80 minutes. We may well still be the Aussie representation for the first week of the finals, let's hope they can sort their shit by then.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No. Apple and Microsoft have decreed it never be thus.

C'mon, Cyclo, what's the worst thing that could happen if you leave our man Dismal in charge once in a while?

IMG_0736.JPG

Oh yeah, that.

OK then, make him a mod but don't give him the launch codes. Simples. :)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Far out. I hope that was rock bottom. That first 40 - Poor defence, no ball retention, shit house kicking. All the basics were fucked. I would hate to see the first half stats. What is wrong with these guys? We seem to be going backwards. Scary thing is the blues aren't even that great, plus they had injuries during the game.

Some nice tries in the second half, but we were never in it.

Sadly, I'm not sure that this is rock bottom.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another weekend of pretty dismal Super rugby results for Oz sides....only bit of football I enjoyed was the Tahs second half.

To me Izzie in the second half showed his true value as always anticipating something when he got the ball and basically got more involved and perhaps more quality ball provided to him as his agility was nice to watch and always looked threatening.

So one 40 minutes out of 4 x 2 x 40 min halves watched of oz super rugby games this weekend to find some watchable oz rugby....

hmmm....

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can we make Dismal a mod?

If I was made a mod I would just make AT LEAST 200 of these stupid fake error messages and juncture them in perfectly-appointed pressure relief points AKA forus trouble spots all over the forus.

onreport_zpsi3a2csvw.png

Of course, at the first sign of REAL trouble I would immediately phone up Cyclo at 3 am to gibber and mewl that some Melbourne Rebels supporter has just called a Western Force supporter a “c**t” in the 2012 Orange Free State vs Natal Stormtroopers match day thread and I just can’t deal with this aggro any more dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.