• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Blues, Saturday 28 March, Round 7 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Just google the silver fern rugby

There isn't much going on over there truth be told. But a few of them live in Sydney and aren't bad blokes.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Blues 0 from 5, Tahs on the up, is this a banana skin match? Or is the end of SJK?

Big banana skin game for you lot. The Blues are shithouse but a team with that much talent has to click sooner or later. A disciplined performance should see them off but I would be very careful not to drop your bundle against these fellas. That's how I see it anyway.

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Or maybe some blues players might want to put the final nail in SJK's coffin and play their usual.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Blues 0 from 5, Tahs on the up, is this a banana skin match? Or is the end of SJK?

Its a huge banana skin. There was so much on the line last week, table position, test squad spots etc. This week everyone is predicting an easy walkover. I'm worried.

Last week we attacked the Brums at 13 out. This week I think the attack needs to be focused around the 9/10 and 10/12 channels initially and only spread it once the break is made. While the rest of their team is below par I definitely rate the Blues back three. They are the kings of broken play, we need to make sure they don't get any.

And the forwards need to maintain last week's intensity and accuracy.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
11052412_10152853096327144_2475997246807340056_n.jpg

Happy to see them stick with Tolu Latu in the starting side. Hopefully TPN gets through training on Thursday and is back on the bench.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
11052412_10152853096327144_2475997246807340056_n.jpg

Happy to see them stick with Tolu Latu in the starting side. Hopefully TPN gets through training on Thursday and is back on the bench.
They don't seem to have any confidence at all in playing Roach. Maybe they're just trying to get Latu more game time but Roach only came on after the siren because Latu got binned. Considering we were 15 points up surely Roach could have played the last 5 minutes, if he is that much of a liability in the scrum that he can't then why have him in the squad?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They don't seem to have any confidence at all in playing Roach. Maybe they're just trying to get Latu more game time but Roach only came on after the siren because Latu got binned. Considering we were 15 points up surely Roach could have played the last 5 minutes, if he is that much of a liability in the scrum that he can't then why have him in the squad?

I'd say it was more to do with how well Latu was playing than a lack of confidence in Roach.

That said, Cheika could have definitely cleared the bench when Latu scored to seal the game.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Really pleased to see Latu hold down the starting spot, even if only for a week. I thought he stepped up really well on Sunday.
As to Roach (and others some want to get a look at), Cheika has shown over the last two years that once he gets what he considers the right people in the right spots, he sticks with them, even if it doesn't work right away.
Besides, it's a long season, there will be injuries, others will get their chance.

vegascane

Chris McKivat (8)

How many of these boys have come through the Aus School Rugby and how many through Aus Club rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.