• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1403957488.786195.jpg

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Gutted for Dennis. Fate can be cruel in sport. I thought the tahs were ordinary in attack for much if the game tonight. Brumbies hung in their until fatigue and replacements saw it open up for us. By the end, there were a lot of brumbies players that we had no idea who they were. We will need it be better next week and some of our wobbs will hopefully have more spark. Chieka seemed to see it that way also.

Hear there was 29k, tahs will be happy with that and I thought the crowd was pretty well into the game through out. For all the moaning about ANZ, I had a pretty good time out there tonight. Having 150 lashes on tap is a step up from the sfs.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
The short version: I thoroughly enjoyed that. Fucking cold out there tonight but the nerves kept me warm up to half time, then the rage of waiting for a yellow card did it for most of the second half.

It is becoming pretty clear to most onlookers that the bloody-mindedness of Jakeball in defensive mode is a shortcut to disaster, particularly when you can't score any points in attacking mode. And with the disruptions to the Brumbies backs tonight, that was always on the cards (that was a pun). Losing TK early was a key moment, particularly as Iona lobbed the intercept minutes later.

But I'm not satisfied with the Tahs' approach in the face of rush defence. We still don't go forward enough in close before we go wide. It threatened to break down tonight as the Brumbies flooded the ruck, and Phipps got snagged a couple of times too many for my liking.

Dennis is a big loss. I see a few of the Ignorati are making comments about his absence being a blessing in disguise. You know the type? The kind of cretin who think a player is only doing something when he's touching the ball, or waving at the camera, or achieving nothing in contact I.e. those that don't understand rugby at its core.

Anyway, more on our conference-winning awesomeness once I've had some sleep.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The short version: I thoroughly enjoyed that. Fucking cold out there tonight but the nerves kept me warm up to half time, then the rage of waiting for a yellow card did it for most of the second half.

It is becoming pretty clear to most onlookers that the bloody-mindedness of Jakeball in defensive mode is a shortcut to disaster, particularly when you can't score any points in attacking mode. And with the disruptions to the Brumbies backs tonight, that was always on the cards (that was a pun). Losing TK early was a key moment, particularly as Iona lobbed the intercept minutes later.

And to play a kicking based territory game (and to give the Brumbies a lil' credit, some of their kicking was pretty good tonight) you need to have a good line out, which the Brumbies usually have but not tonight with 3 hookers gone and a prop playing hooker............

They needed to chance a bit more in the second half.............

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
To take a positive out of the Brumbies' game, Sio showed again why he is Slipper's backup for the Wobs................

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
And if the Brumbies get To'omua and McCabe back for the Force, Lilo has got to go to the bench...........

Status
Not open for further replies.