• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
You've all got your tickets by now I hope. Once again Pfitzy, Braveheart and I (and fatprop?) will be guaranteeing victory by downing a few hop-flavoured sparkling waters before the game, for which space has been booked at The Clock in Surry Hills. However, the manager wants to get an idea of numbers, if it's going to be more than 15 he'll move us to a larger area. PLEASE indicate here if you're going to show.

Ten of us had a late lunch at The Clock on Sunday, 18 May before the Lions match. The food's up there with the best bistro pub grub going around and they have at least six craft beers on tap, including a German wheat beer, a Sierra Nevada and a 4 Pines among others. The Local Taphouse is booked out, I reckon it'll be chockers that day.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'm in as discussed via text. Tickets are purchased and I might be bringing a mate (the other young bloke who was along for the first MARC game at North Sydney Oval).

Pfitzy, Lindo, and other will be rocking it from Bay 35, Row N.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Seriously hoping this is against the Highlanders! Means we could end up with a Waratahs v Brumbies Super Final! :D

M

Muttonbird

The week off can slow momentum.

To face the Highlanders having gone to Canberra and won would be difficult. They would be on a roll. Similarly, facing the Brumbies, who would have maintained speed against the Highlanders, would be a challenge.

Uncharted territory for the Waratahs.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

To face the Highlanders having gone to Canberra and won would be difficult. They would be on a roll. Similarly, facing the Brumbies, who would have maintained speed against the Highlanders, would be a challenge.

If the Sharks win, we play the winner of Brumbies/Chiefs. If the Highlanders beat the Sharks we play them.

I agree that the week off isn't necessarily a good thing to have at this point but given that it means you've got home games, you'd take it every time.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
"To face the Highlanders having gone to Canberra.....", que? Neither the Tahs nor the Clan will play in Canberra this year, if the Clan win in Durban they'll play the Tahs in Sydney. The Clan won't beat both the Sharks AND the Tahs away for a final in Canberra, no way.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Wont make the clock but looks like you'll be a few rows in front of me. The missus is pre warned about your behaviour

She has met me and is well aware of my scintillating charm and superior command of the English language.

Think yourself lucky I'm already married ;)

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)

Your mail is a bit off here mate.

The scenario is the Crusaders play the highest ranked winner of this weekends matches and the Tahs the lowest.

So to get an all Aussie final we need the Highlanders to do the job again in Durban and for the Brumbies to knock off the Chiefs. That will mean the Brumbies will fly to Christchurch to play the 'Saders, whilst the Highlanders will fly to Sydney to play the Tahs.

Then we just need both the 'Tahs and Brumbies to get up (a tough task - particularly in Christchurch).

Would be incredible for Australian Rugby though - it would certainly be much easier filling ANZ Stadium with Canberra so close.

It's an unlikely scenario, but it would be amazing going to a Super Rugby grand final between the the Brumbies and Waratahs at a packed ANZ stadium.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Would be incredible for Australian Rugby though - it would certainly be much easier filling ANZ Stadium with Canberra so close.

It's an unlikely scenario, but it would be amazing going to a Super Rugby grand final between the the Brumbies and Waratahs at a packed ANZ stadium.

I'm not convinced that the Crusaders would be less of a draw card than the Brumbies in Sydney.

The Brumbies have had their own crowd problems all season.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
My point was more that there's a lot more brumbies fans in closer proximity to sydney than there are crusaders fans. For Waratahs fans just hosting a home grand final show be the only 'draw card' necessary.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Crusaders would definitely pull a bigger crowd than the Brumbies. All the bandwagon Kiwis would go and they outnumber Brumbies supporters easily. In 2012 the highest attended match was the Crusaders one during a shit season.

TahDan

Cyril Towers (30)
Crusaders would definitely pull a bigger crowd than the Brumbies. All the bandwagon Kiwis would go and they outnumber Brumbies supporters easily. In 2012 the highest attended match was the Crusaders one during a shit season.

Interesting point, but I think a grand final involving two Aussie teams might be different to a round robin match.

All the same, having an all Aussie affair would be good for more than just crowd figures. Would be great publicity for the game here too.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Provided the Brumbies try to play like they did on the weekend, and not like they've done most of the season.

And, of course, the Tahs win.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I'm in as discussed via text. Tickets are purchased and I might be bringing a mate (the other young bloke who was along for the first MARC game at North Sydney Oval).

Pfitzy, Lindo, and other will be rocking it from Bay 35, Row N.

I'm in bay 35 row L. Should I, in the interests of public safety, leave my hearing aid at home and bring my earplugs? :)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I'm in bay 35 row L. Should I, in the interests of public safety, leave my hearing aid at home and bring my earplugs? :)
a Wettex for the spittle from the Pfitzy-sprinkler might be handy. I'm guessing he does the full 360.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
You've all got your tickets by now I hope. Once again Pfitzy, Braveheart and I (and fatprop?) will be guaranteeing victory by downing a few hop-flavoured sparkling waters before the game, for which space has been booked at The Clock in Surry Hills. However, the manager wants to get an idea of numbers, if it's going to be more than 15 he'll move us to a larger area. PLEASE indicate here if you're going to show.

Ten of us had a late lunch at The Clock on Sunday, 18 May before the Lions match. The food's up there with the best bistro pub grub going around and they have at least six craft beers on tap, including a German wheat beer, a Sierra Nevada and a 4 Pines among others. The Local Taphouse is booked out, I reckon it'll be chockers that day.

What time is kick-off at the Clock? I'm coming up from Adelaide and I'll need to eat before the game; I can't think of better company to do it in!

Status
Not open for further replies.