• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Cheetahs, Round 11, 7 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Holloway out with a dislocated shoulder.

TPN and Reece Robinson both in doubt with shoulder injuries.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
So what now? Something like this?

1. Paddy Ryan
2. Hugh Roach
3. Tom Robertson
4. David Dennis
5. Will Skelton
6. Dean Mumm
7. Michael Hooper
8. Wycliff Palu
9. Nick Phipps
10. Bernard Foley
11. Rob Horne
12. Kurtley Beale
13. Israel Folau
14. Matt Carraro
15. Andrew Kellaway

Reserves:

17. Jeremy Tilse
18. Angus Ta'avao
19. Sam Lousi
21. Matt Lucas
22. David Horwitz

who would be the new bench players?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
16. Latu, 20. Hanigan, 23. Guildford.

A bit worried now after picking the Tahs to beat the line!

Losing 3 players in a captain's run would be pretty much unheard of.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
About time we saw what Hanigan can do. AND we need cover at hooker in case there's another season-ending injury to TPN, a squad needs at least three hookers capable of playing Super rugby.

Wingers? Well, TGC reckons they're like underwear the way the Tahs've gone through them the last few years.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Looks like TPN and Robinson will both play.

Likely that Palu starts and Hanigan to the bench in place of Holloway although that hasn't been confirmed.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

Holloway out with a dislocated shoulder.

TPN and Reece Robinson both in doubt with shoulder injuries.

Dislocated shoulder is not a one week injury. I bet he's just about as thrilled as Kerevi was; this could seriously dent his Wallaby chances, to say nothing of our Super Rugby run home.

Fuckity fuck fuck fuck indeed!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dislocated shoulder is not a one week injury. I bet he's just about as thrilled as Kerevi was; this could seriously dent his Wallaby chances, to say nothing of our Super Rugby run home.

No, it's not.

They said they managed to pop it straight back in so hopefully it is not season ending but you'd imagine it will be two weeks at the very least even if he hasn't done any structural damage.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Looks like TPN and Robinson will both play.

Likely that Palu starts and Hanigan to the bench in place of Holloway although that hasn't been confirmed.

When I heard it on the news they said Polota-Nau and "Robertson" had gone down and I immediately thought that scrum training had got a little too enthusiastic. So to hear that its Robinson is a relief of sorts. THP's are not easily replaced, wingers however....

G

galumay

Tah's really just have to keep winning now, this one should be within their reach, although recent history suggests otherwise. Its a good chance for them to work on impoving the accuracy that will be required in coming weeks if they hope to matcj it against the front running kiwis.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
All Australian refs. Surely no complains. Tahs by 50

This Cheetahs team doesn't seem as good as those who have come before. They have the intent, but they don't seem to know when to go to all out attack and when to bring it tighter.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
This Cheetahs team doesn't seem as good as those who have come before. They have the intent, but they don't seem to know when to go to all out attack and when to bring it tighter.
The Cheetahs have a new coach in Franco Smith who came like most of the newbies with Shimlas (Uni of Free State) who won the Varsity Cup last year. The Bulls & Sharks poach their experience players from last year. With the rugbyu machine like Grey College, they'll just spit out new players. I like the look of Paul Schoeman, their nr8. Thor (Duane Vermeulen) younger version.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
It appears there are quite a few tahs who will be playing wounded, with a few tough games to follow I think our depth is going to be seriously tested

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It appears there are quite a few tahs who will be playing wounded, with a few tough games to follow I think our depth is going to be seriously tested

I reached for the like button because I agree 100% with the post, but how can I like tahs playing wounded with the Crusaders in a fortnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.