• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Cheetahs, Round 11, 7 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Tahs to second in the Australian conference. It's like a company bidding for a defence contract. Lowest bid wins. Super Rugby title NZ's to lose.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Tahs to second in the Australian conference. It's like a company bidding for a defence contract. Lowest bid wins. Super Rugby title NZ's to lose.
Can't agree. Brumbies were best at the start. Then the Chiefs were unbeatable. Now it's the Highlanders. It's whoever's playing best at the end's title to lose.

M

Moono75

Can't agree. Brumbies were best at the start. Then the Chiefs were unbeatable. Now it's the Highlanders. It's whoever's playing best at the end's title to lose.
So your saying the Force are a chance......bless you sir :)

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
How laboured was the Cheetahs attack? It was like things went into slow motion replay when they had the ball. They lacked any sort imagination as well.

Tahs were okay. They defended well.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
One of the reasons the game was so dull was the fact that it was never really in doubt. As a Tahs fan there is some satisfaction to be taken there.

Hope Skelton is OK. Other than that we move on to the Bulls.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Can't believe Kearns was saying backwards from the hands.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I reached for the like button because I agree 100% with the post, but how can I like tahs playing wounded with the Crusaders in a fortnight.

Saders? I am worried about losing more vs the Bulls

G

galumay

Got to watch the game this morning, with a hangover....can someone shoot Gregan, happy to pay plenty. His moronic, monotone, drivel is mind numbing and I was just not up for it...and if it wasnt him it was the clown, the clown and the bore, what a combination.

Anyhoo, nice steady win by the Tahs, Beale just gets better and better, clearly best on ground for mine last night. Scrum was better again, that was crucial on a dewy night when there were a lot of knock ons.

Reece Robinson seems to be growing into the game well, he adds an extra kicking action too which is handy.

Its a big advantage that the Tahs had their 2 byes when they were down on form and confidence, now when they are playing well and winning the momentum can continue - and the other teams will drop back as their byes come up.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Seemed to me in an oblique way you were suggesting Kearns sometime gets things right when he raves about the Tahs.;)

On the incident in question though, how could anyone with an ounce of impartiality suggest that ball went backwards from the hands. Not a single poster here has tried to push that fairytale.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
On the incident in question though, how could anyone with an ounce of impartiality suggest that ball went backwards from the hands. Not a single poster here has tried to push that fairytale.

Yeah. Its almost like it became a non-event about, oh, shortly after it happened.

And yet, here it is, still riding a pony. Or being ridden by one. Whatever.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Seemed to me in an oblique way you were suggesting Kearns sometime gets things right when he raves about the Tahs.;)

Seemed to me you were clutching at straws to find something to be upset about.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Interesting.

I take the view that the refs get enough help with the TMO and two ARs who are supposed to know what the fuck they're doing. Maybe if this loophole is exploited more often, the refs won't simply sit back and let the TMO do the hard yards a lot of the time.

And if the opposing captain is coming up to the ref after the bell, and complaining about a bonus point which practically zero effect on his season, well, what a twat.

I'd still prefer a challenge system - captain of each side get one challenge per half. Let the ref do his job, then if there is some controversy, the captains get to call a challenge and the TMO has a minute to do his thing.

TMO still adjudicates on foul play in all circumstances and can stop play for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.