• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Force, round 1, Sunday 15 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Steve Walsh should have awarded a free-kick, or several, against the Force for time-wasting. He gave them too many warnings.

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
So the Waratahs dropping the pill in one game on Feb 15th is a bad sign for the Wallabies?

I did note the round 1 caveats.

But yes, it is. Not only is there significant personnel crossover, it demonstrates that even with the best will in the world, there will be outings in which your execution is shit. Which is an issue if you don't (they - neither the Tahs nor last year's MC Wallabies - don't appear, at least) have plans B or C to combat that.

M

Moono75

I'm still cranky over our errors and sloppy attack. We played well from the 75th minute on, but that's only a minor plus.
So I'll focus on the Fox commentators instead - tedious repetition of statistics, poor analysis of the play, and inane justification of our dropped ball. "It's hot and they are sweating". Gosh - I'm sure none of the management/playing/leadership group thought about that at 3.45pm and worked out a strategy to counteract it. They were simply poor. Hopefully for the last time this season!
Must of killed Phil Kearns to interview Benny Mac after the win....what a tosser. Only matched by Greg Growden and his apologist banter shit about the Force being nothing without Hodgo. Pay some respect asswipes.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Too early to say for sure, but I do think the Tahs have to accept that other teams will have learnt about their game plan from last year and to have developed counter plans. That might explain the Force slowing the game down a bit (but nowhere near as much as Clarkie/Kearns continually complained about).

McCalman best on ground, followed by Alby (except for his YC). Cottrell very good in the first half but seemed to fade in the second. Not many good Tahs' performers.

Reactions: mst

Lorenzo

Colin Windon (37)
Too early to say for sure, but I do think the Tahs have to accept that other teams will have learnt about their game plan from last year and to have developed counter plans. That might explain the Force slowing the game down a bit (but nowhere near as much as Clarkie/Kearns continually complained about).

McCalman best on ground, followed by Alby (except for his YC). Cottrell very good in the first half but seemed to fade in the second. Not many good Tahs' performers.

your post in the wallabies 23 thread could apply here. The force hardly looked like comp winners today but they played to waratah weaknesses by kicking long and waiting (not long, as it went) for a mistake.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not well overall - but it is worth noting that they scrumagged strongly.

As a Wallaby supporter I was happy to see that.

From a Waratah perspective, the scrum was the only positive as far as I can see. Very disappointing start to the season.

The Force did very well bringing the ball down the field - very solid in the pick and go and their maul set-up was as good as any Aussie side has produced for a while.

Waratahs probably made more mistakes today than they did all last year - Beale had an absolute shocker, but as a team it was a poor performance.

The refereeing was bewildering - I thought that Walsh had given away the show pony stuff, but there he was today centre of attention. It was as if he was trying to prove that he knew how to apply every law in the book - RWC 2015 appointments in mind no doubt. That said, it had no impact on the result - Michael Cheika could have referreed the match and we'd still have lost.

Well done Force, the only consolation for me was that at least we didn;t lose like that to an NZ or SAF team.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)

The Tahs performance also reminded me of a well known saying: "Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash".

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Seriously?
They don't look at the scoreboard they carry the score around in their heads?

Unfortunately there was no scoreboard at the ground, so we all had to carry the score around in our heads. There was a screen which was used to show the game, which was so small it might as well have been a portable TV.:rolleyes:

Thanks SCG Trust.

I couldn't help but notice that the technical issues which prevented crowds being announced last year has been solved. Miraculously today the crowd figure was announced just after half-time.;)

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The Tahs performance also reminded me of a well known saying: "Your ego is writing checks your body can't cash".

Any complacency should have been well and truly shattered after today's performance.

I hope there weren't any doors near Michael Cheika - I certainly felt like kicking a few off their hinges.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.