• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders, semi-final, Saturday 27 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The reason I like the Highlanders is that last year we flew to South Africa and they were on our plane. We were chatting to a few of them at Joburg customs and if it weren't for the fact they were sporting their travel kit you wouldn't have even known they were professional sportsmen. Very humble and a couple of them took to our kids as though they were their own.

Oh FFS. Mate, you just got OWNED in a sig/av bet: where's your pain? Your humiliation? Your ANGER? Jesus H Christ, man, surely there was one Clansman on that flight to Sethfricka who didn't find your kids totally adorable? or who's glance lingered just that fraction too long on Mrs KOB? No? OK then, try this: Reachy McCheat is by birth a Highlander! Still nothing? Hopeless.......... :)

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Oh FFS. Mate, you just got OWNED in a sig/av bet: where's your pain? Your humiliation? Your ANGER? Jesus H Christ, man, surely there was one Clansman on that flight to Sethfricka who didn't find your kids totally adorable? or who's glance lingered just that fraction too long on Mrs KOB? No? OK then, try this: Reachy McCheat is by birth a Highlander! Still nothing? Hopeless.... :)
I'm still a bit numb and hungover from last night so maybe it just hasn't hit me yet! But trust me, if you are an Aussie there is nothing at all good about having a pic of McCaw holding up bill as your avatar!

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
The game highlighted again the need for balance in a side.

20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, but you need two effective kicking options, the Tahs had one for this game with Beale out and Phipps a non kicking nine. Possibly Lance should have started. Or Volavola to 15 & Folau to 14

Actually, you are half right. The Tahs didn't have a single effective kicking option.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
That's GOAT holding up an urn with Dismal Pillock's nards in it.
oh shit is that where they are, i7ve been lookign everywhere for those things.

I hope they are still intact and havent been incinerated yet. Perhaps, from somewhere, I do not know where, I could perhaps procure the services of a doctor to sew them back on........

dear doctor, if the testii are in Mrs Pillocks purse i dont mind having the purse surgically attached also. You must have done this before. A Meat and Two Veg Lunch Meal Happy Set or whatever you might call it

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
oh shit is that where they are, i7ve been lookign everywhere for those things.

I hope they are still intact and havent been incinerated yet. Perhaps, from somewhere, I do not know where, I could perhaps procure the services of a doctor to sew them back on....

dear doctor, if the testii are in Mrs Pillocks purse i dont mind having the purse surgically attached also. You must have done this before. A Meat and Two Veg Lunch Meal Happy Set or whatever you might call it
I call it "The Full Package Deal".

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
I'm not sure all the criticism of Joubert is justified.
He and the TMO agreed on a penalty try and the yellow card was then mandatory.
He has been known to publicly apologise when he gets it wrong, as he did when his awful decision in the last minute of last years final gifted the title to the Waratahs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I'm not sure all the criticism of Joubert is justified.
He and the TMO agreed on a penalty try and the yellow card was then mandatory.
He has been known to publicly apologise when he gets it wrong, as he did when his awful decision in the last minute of last years final gifted the title to the Waratahs.

It is just frustration, if it went the other way I would expect to see the same from other parties, but the Landers were clearly the better side and deserved their win.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Wouldn't say Smith's passing was much better than Phipps' - he put a few on the grass.

But his kicking and sniping game was far better.

His decision making and organisation of those around him is a step above any scrummie in the game right now.

What was obvious ot me is how well he read the game and he is constantly organising and yelling and it looks like the everyone on the team is actually looking for cues from him

He is a total fucking nightmare for oppo teams when he is in this kind of form.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I'm sure many will disagree, but that's fine. And for what it's worth, I think the Penalty try, YC was wrong, but didn't effect the outcome.

With all due respected, go read the rules. Then watch again.

I don't understand how people can't see how obvious it is in terms of the rule book. If an act of foul play was used to stop a guy that only has that players between him and the line, then that is it. Whether or not you or I think he may or may not have scored either way.

It's completely obvious. I suspect a lot of people moaning about the try don't understand this rule.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
It is just frustration, if it went the other way I would expect to see the same from other parties, but the Landers were clearly the better side and deserved their win.

Up until that point I thought the Tahs still had a chance, albeit a small one. That was the end of any chance of a win, which is probably why it caused so much frustration.

Incidentally, in the half-time interview Cheika admitted that the Highlanders tactics were effective, but he said that there were some tactical changes that would work in the second half. Blessed if I saw them.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
With all due respected, go read the rules. Then watch again.

I don't understand how people can't see how obvious it is in terms of the rule book. If an act of foul play was used to stop a guy that only has that players between him and the line, then that is it. Whether or not you or I think he may or may not have scored either way.

It's completely obvious. I suspect a lot of people moaning about the try don't understand this rule.

It is not obvious to the average spectator that it was an act of foul play. If an attacking player dives low for the line, how can he be stopped without making some contact with his upper body? It is a very fine line, thus it is frustrating.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Blue is 100% right. The rules are very clear.

Wamberal it was the swinging arm that's the problem. He never needed to do that.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Actually my biggest pleasure of the weekend was to see the continued death of the cut out pass and the return of catch and pass skills; and support play

I am constantly campaigning against the cutout pass. There should be some sort of worldwide movement. Like a Facebook group.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Osbourne's penalty try was off a cut out, and the chips across field that resulted in two tries were basically cutouts.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
I am constantly campaigning against the cutout pass. There should be some sort of worldwide movement. Like a Facebook group.
Like Bob Dwyer says "I have no problem with a cutout pass, as long as we first know how to play without it"
It has its place and time but it is misused so much in todays game and I think its becouse playmakers dont trust their teammates to execute simple hands to get the ball wide

Grant NZ

Bill Watson (15)
Osbourne's penalty try was off a cut out, and the chips across field that resulted in two tries were basically cutouts.

Buckman's try resulted from a quadruple cut out, double bounce pass too. Not really intentional that one though.

Chris McCracken

Jim Clark (26)
Like Bob Dwyer says "I have no problem with a cutout pass, as long as we first know how to play without it"
It has its place and time but it is misused so much in todays game and I think its becouse playmakers dont trust their teammates to execute simple hands to get the ball wide

I should indicate my campaign is mostly with 13-17 year olds, who only see what Quade Cooper does and think they can manage it.

Status
Not open for further replies.