• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Hurricanes, round 16, 9 July 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I think a lot of Tahs' fans are being unnecessarily harsh on their team. They were undoubtedly the pick of a very poor bunch of teams from the Aus group this weekend, and on their recent form they would have the best chance of progressing in the finals if they make it.

I am very anxious about the upcoming tests against the ABs, but think that the Wallabies will still be competitive against the Saffas and Argies. No Bledisloe this year (or the next or.) but very possibly second place in TRC.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.:)

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am very anxious about the upcoming tests against the ABs, but think that the Wallabies will still be competitive against the Saffas and Argies. No Bledisloe this year (or the next or.) but very possibly second place in TRC.

It's already going to apathy for rugby now - I just don't care about the result of the game.
I can't see us doing anything but finishing winless & last in the RC :(

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It's a Jacksonesque performance - haven't blown the whistle for a while so I'll give a penalty, I've already given a couple of penalties for that so that'll do for a while, I must have missed a couple of things so I'll give a penalty here, etc, etc, etc.

Fairly ordinary display from a normally very good referee.

'sfunny QH, but I thought that was just about the best performance I've seen Pollock put in. There isn't a NZ referee this year who is up to standard of a Super ref. All of them have constantly and consistently ignored knock-ons and off side play. Seems they have been instructed to just let the game flow rather than pick up many of the lesser type errors or infringements.

The best refs have been van der Westhuizen and Angus Gardiner (until he started calling back kick-offs taken 15 - 20 cm over the half way line). Jackson had an unusually good game in the Reds v Chiefs because he didn't need to make any decisions.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Anyone else getting the impression that Pollock is turning a blind eye to a whole bunch of dodgy stuff the Canes are doing, but is cracking down hard on anything and everything the Tahs do.?!?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

He missed stuff, but the rub of the green always goes to the team who has ascendancy, we had out chances, Pollock didn't drop the passes and miss lineout throws

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
we looked ... flat (?) for much of the game and fell back into the habit of one out. when we threw in variation like some pick and go we looked more dangerous.

lucas inspired more of the linking plays that phipps but it was too little too late.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well I obviously happy with result, my Canes have made the finals as I said they would a few weeks ago, (before I realised who they had to play), I don't really see them going deep into the finals, but as a kiwi I happy to see we have 4 teams there, as a rugby man I a little disappointed at the the standard the Aus teams have played at , especially last few weeks. On the luck etc of the YCs, I wouldn't of been surprised if Canes prop had received card when he had Foley's head, but I also wouldn't of been surprised if Skelton had received one for his shoulder into Shield's head/neck on ground that they looked at. Will be interested to hear Nathan Grey after his rant earlier in season about players taken out when in air catching the ball, reckoned something like they weren't accidental and teams were coached to do it and make ot look like an accident!! I was waiting for that to come back at him.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
We had our chances but Too many mistakes from the tahs. What would we give for a good line out? How long has it been since we didn't have to hold our breath on our own throws?

In the second halve there was a meeting before each line out, the front of the line out would run up the hooker - chat - run back to front of line out.

Tahs are a professional rugby team, who play rugby for their occupation (shit my dream) - they are a professional rugby team, are are at the end of the season. Not knowing the calls suggests very little time is spent on line out - not good.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Son noticed that when Paddy Ryan tapped the hooker twice on the bum, the throw went to No 2 in the lineout. Has the Tahs' system been exposed?

Conversation might have gone something like "what are you having for supper tonight?"

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Nayavoro is a rugby oxygen thief.
'Canes try with about 4 on his 1 they chip and he's jogging back providing no assistance nor any cover.
Barely scragged the bus over the touchline.
If he is the best we have in NSW we are in big trouble.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
'sfunny QH, but I thought that was just about the best performance I've seen Pollock put in. There isn't a NZ referee this year who is up to standard of a Super ref. All of them have constantly and consistently ignored knock-ons and off side play. Seems they have been instructed to just let the game flow rather than pick up many of the lesser type errors or infringements.

The best refs have been van der Westhuizen and Angus Gardiner (until he started calling back kick-offs taken 15 - 20 cm over the half way line). Jackson had an unusually good game in the Reds v Chiefs because he didn't need to make any decisions.

I've always thought that Pollock was the best kiwi ref. Last night he just didn't seem interested in the game at all. A shame because, in the past these two teams have really put on great games.

He didn't impact the result though, we did some good things, but far too many basic errors at regular intervals to win at this level.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Nayavoro is a rugby oxygen thief.
'Canes try with about 4 on his 1 they chip and he's jogging back providing no assistance nor any cover.
Barely scragged the bus over the touchline.
If he is the best we have in NSW we are in big trouble.

There was a young kid called Alex Northam who had 2 years in the Aus 20's - didn't have the big PR system attached to him - and got signed up offshore.

He's a serious talent.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
In the second halve there was a meeting before each line out, the front of the line out would run up the hooker - chat - run back to front of line out.

Might be related to the fact that the SFS blasts music at every break in play to drown out conversations

Status
Not open for further replies.