• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Jaguares, Round 16 - Saturday 8 July, Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Or just lacked the intellectual honesty and courage to admit they were wrong and further often made it hard for others to offer the genuine counter critique that's mostly been proven correct over time, whether it's re NSWRU, Tahs, Wallabies, ARU.

They always knew better. Then.
No sign of them is there? At least the QRU apologists could hide in the fog last night. Nowhere to hide for anyone involved in professional rugby is this country now? Or will all this be fixed by some extra fitness training?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Any of you who put yourself through watching this game deserve a medal. Just flicking through these pages is enough.

It's about this time that Wamberal will tell us that this disaster has nothing to do with the NSWRU

Its because of the rules you know. If you reduced the teams by 2 players and did something with scrums and rucks the Tahs and crowds would be better.....

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Not mentioned presumably because unless your pumping out about 600 hp dew doesn't make you run sideways - Ryan and Hegarty primary suspects.
Maybe Kafe's got the hint that the sucker S who bought his dew explanation now have season tickets with the Swans, Roosters or Sydney City - where the dew seems to have no impact.
I've always thought it odd that the dew only impacts rugby games

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Haven't been to one game this year, even when given free tickets. Also likely to give into the pressure to replace Foxtel with Netflix as I just can't watch Australian Super Rugby.

Maybe just maybe if the played with a sense of urgency I might go to a game.

With Dempsey and Hanigan getting Wallabies caps, do they feel their Waratahs spots are now guaranteed?

Does Foley feel everything is guaranteed for him given there is no other 5/8's in Australia. FFS while play was live he turned his back on the play while he ambled back into his defensive position (on the wing). Even schoolboys learn in first form not tom do this.

Also how can we ever be like the All Blacks and create scoring opportunities from turnover ball when you playmaker is standing out on the wing or marking up as defending hooker on a lineout?

On average 50% of a game is defense you need to be able to adequately fulfill the defensive responsibilities of your position. It's a particular problem in Australia we only ever look at a players attacking ability, hence why when end up with the issue of Bernard Foley, Quade Cooper and others.

All you need to do is go look at the Australian Schools Championship thread plenty of players praised for their attacking ability, nothing on defense or off the ball work.

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Our cricketers are striking for pay based revenue sharing.

Wonder if Waratah's would strike for pay based on revenue sharing?

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
^^^ you don't think they're trying to reduce the amount of tackling Foley has to do because of his concussion issues early on in the season?

Kenny Powers

Ron Walden (29)
Foley's been defending on the wing and in the tram tracks on lineouts for many seasons now. Not just this season.

If you are not adequate in defence in your normal position I don't care how good your attack is your will only ever be half a player.

All this shifting in defence I believe accounts for the number of points the Waratahs give up and why their game management is so bad. It's rugby not musical chairs!

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
"Time is going to beat the Waratahs" - Greg Clarke, 9 seconds left, Waratahs 13 points down when they haven't looked like coming close to winning for well over 20 minutes.

Jags win 40 - 27.

Love a good Clarkism........

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Absolutely disgraceful performance by Hoops and his Wallaby laden team.

Only bloke that seemed to step up a bit was Damian F. Even Hooper was poor.

Gibson must be hearing the barking pretty loud I reckon.

Congrats to Horne for stellar service to NSW rugby.

Duke

Frank Row (1)
Well I can delete that recording from my Foxtel IQ pretty quick. No need to pick the bones from that one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This is a quote from the planetrugby review of the ponies/Reds game but I think it is apt for this game as well

"There has been plenty of criticism aimed at the standard of play delivered by Australian teams during this year's tournament and judging from this encouter that criticism is justified."

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Well I can delete that recording from my Foxtel IQ pretty quick. No need to pick the bones from that one.
06bde77e-b9a0-4806-9c8a-d080a674d771_zps0ewmmijj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.