• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels RD 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I'll be staggered if Tamati gets up. Staggered.

I'd like to see:

1. Smith
2. Hanson
3. Weeks
4. Jones
5. Timani
6. McMahon
7. Fuglistaller
8. Reid
9. Stirzaker (C)
10. Debreczeni
11. Crawford
12. Inman
13. Shipperley
14. Placid
15. Hodge
16. Leafa
17. Ah-Nau
18. Hagan
19. Jeffries
20. Thomson
21. Meehan
22. Hawkins
23. Matsushima

Jonah has a lot of potential and with a little less pressure, out on the wing, could be free to express himself. Crawf is that big body out wide, we need good kicking from the back against that Tahs set up (Hodge) and Shippers replaces Tams.

Also like to see Fug start in place of Thomson with a mandate of spending 50 minutes smashing into Hooper.

For what it's worth, I'd like to see Cruze get some additional minutes as well - depending on who the Tahs juggle into starting in the front row, this could be the week to start him on either side of the row...

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I hope Hodge does a bit of running too.

Talking of kicking, he is probably on a par with Jack D. as a goal-kicker.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez the Rebels are looking good.

The Tahs performances lately (and Gibsons) have been substantially lower than I expected this year. and that pressure will continue to mount until they start performing

McMahon will be incredibly motivated against Michael Hooper . Expect the Rebs scrum will towel up the Tahs as seems to be the norm. Tahs would be stupid not to start Robbo at LHP

If Beale doesn't play Rebels by 7

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Sydney Uni first grade have listed both props and outside centre as TBC, which at least suggests Tilse, Robertson and Stewart will be part of the Tahs' 23.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Sydney Uni first grade have listed both props and outside centre as TBC, which at least suggests Tilse, Robertson and Stewart will be part of the Tahs' 23.

Or just Ryan and Robertson in the front row for the Tahs like last week.

I definitely take Stewart's exclusion as being likely to appear on the Tahs bench as I speculated that one of Kellaway and Stewart would likely be needed and Kellaway has been named for Randwick.

Pass it to Dunning!

Bob Loudon (25)
Or just Ryan and Robertson in the front row for the Tahs like last week.

I definitely take Stewart's exclusion as being likely to appear on the Tahs bench as I speculated that one of Kellaway and Stewart would likely be needed and Kellaway has been named for Randwick.
Oh yeah, I forgot Ryan played for uni.

I suspect this means Folau Fainga'a is going to be named for the Tahs as well.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I lost track after he left Edinburgh then went back as World Cup cover, was Hilterbrand not signed to the Kings and playing for the States in the Americas 6 Nations? And if not, I wonder why wouldn't go for the paycheck and integration into the USA system that the ARC would provide.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Hilterbrand has played for USA and the Tahs already have Guildford so they'd need a special exception to recruit him. Luke Holmes has been named for Warringah, so he's out too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'd like to see:

1. Smith
2. Hanson
3. Weeks
4. Jones
5. Timani Retallic
6. McMahon Reid
7. Fuglistaller McMahon
8. Reid Thomson
9. Stirzaker (C)
10. Debreczeni
11. Crawford
12. Inman Hawkins
13. Shipperley Inman
14. Placid Shipperly
15. Hodge
16. Leafa
17. Ah-Nau
18. Hagan
19. Jeffries
20. Thomson Fuglistaller
21. Meehan
22. Hawkins Placid
23. Matsushima

My thoughts, back row has been the best part of our game so far this year, would leave it alone. Closely followed by the front row.

Timani could use a week in club rugby bullying his way around the park, was much improved last weekend but still made a few errors and looks half the player he was last season.

After last weekend, Hawkins at 12 to offer a second play making option, not to sure why everyone is persisting in Inman at 12, we need someone who can pass at second receiver. To be honest if we had Ellison,Sefa, English fit as well I would drop Inman completely. Think his done, shown no real spark this season and has his sights set on the euro in France (Sorry Daz)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I wouldn't pay too much attention to the Rugby News team lists that are published on a Wednesday to work out if Fainga'a or Holmes has been called up to the Tahs bench for the Rebels game, although I reckon it will be Fainga'a. With TPN due back in a week or two, I reckon they will just rely on Roach and Fainga'a and not look for a third hooker "just in case".

There are frequent changes to the teams between being those named on Wednesday and the team that runs on at 3pm on Saturday.

Will Skelton was not in the published team list for last week, yet he played out at Nepean Rugby Park. Plenty of other examples.

It would appear that Rugby News have a special arrangement with SRU regarding team lists. The link on the NSWRU website for team lists takes you to the Rugby News web site, and unlike last year when all 4 grades and 3 Colts team lists were available, they appear to only be publishing the 1st Grade Teams.

Looks like I won't be able to publish all the team lists on Green and Gold like I have been doing in the past. Sorry Folks. Send complaints to the SRU, if you can find a contact name or email address for them.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Looks like Beale is highly unlikely.

Likely backline now:

9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Guildford
12. Horwitz
13. Carraro
14. Robinson
15. Folau

21. Lucas 22. Stewart 23. Kellaway

Either that or only have two back reserves but that seems very risky given the level of inexperience.

ruckus

Frank Row (1)
What does Kellaway need to do to get game time?

i think andrew is a good player, but I dont think he has the x factor like robinson or guilford can provide, but i think he needs a run of games to see what hes made off. and with a fit backline he wont be able to play much, with the injuries now i hope he can get a run. Its pretty much that old chiche saying for him "make the most of your oppurtunities" for him

Status
Not open for further replies.