• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels, RD3 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yep nothing to do with SA. The arvo games are poor raters in Aus because well they're in the afternoon. Much less viewers at that time.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Afternoon games might rate badly on TV but those at the ground love them. The Tahs Sunday arvo games last year were well attended and the Welsh Test on Saturday afternoon had about 40,000 attendees. I, for one, would be quite happy for the Tahs to have most of their matches on Sunday arvo. Surely the NZ viewing audience comes into play here.

Going back to the Tahs/Rebels match, it really was incompetent of SANZAR to schedule it on the same weekend as Mardi Gras. And to initially set it down for Saturday night is uber incompetent. The following Sunday afternoon presents some of the same problems as cleaning up the streets and taking down the parade barriers takes many, many hours; these chores don't start until sunrise on Sunday. Added to that there are numerous recovery parties cavorting on around the Moore Park area all day Sunday. The sensible thing would've been not to have rugby at Moore Park on Mardi Gras weekend. Ever.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
I know TV funds the majority of professional sports these days, but seriously, get off the couch and into the stands.

Reward the fan who makes the pilgrimage, not the so-called fan who can use the TV remote.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But that's the reality of modern sport, TV funds the game and therefore gets the most say which is almost never in the interests of the game. The NRL are moving the GF to a night time for this reason.

NZ/SA viewers would have no relevance to Fox Sports.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Rebels needed to say no to the change, they know there fans had already planned trips even if it is painfull.

A better answer might be to threaten to sue Sanzar via a class action for the outlaid costs if they don't reimburse fans fully. Whoever did the scheduling needs to be fired; the mardi Gras dates would be known almost a year in advance. That no one at the Tahs checked the scheduling is an absolute disgrace.

If the Reds are to play at 9:20 then the Kiwis are going to go mental. The live coverage will start at 11:20 NZ time.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Wow.... I can not believe what I am reading on this thread.
They shifted a game of rugby... get a grip you guys. I'm a season ticket holder to the Tahs and I would have prefered a Satuday game too, but I wouldn't have enjoyed fighting my way through Mardi Gras crowds to get there.

I love the comment that 'who ever scheduled it should be sacked' That is classic.....

How abouth the dumbass that booked a flight and accom to Sydney on the same weekend as Mardi Gras should get whats coming to him.

Grow up fellas

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Don't know if you're trying to be a WUM, but anyway...

No worries, dickhead. How about you travel for your team, have the fixture changed then enjoy the corresponding fees.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Don't know if you're trying to be a WUM, but anyway.

No worries, dickhead. How about you travel for your team, have the fixture changed then enjoy the corresponding fees.

Dickhead?? I have been travelling around watching the Tah's play for longer than your Rebels have been around. When you follow a team, things don't always go to plan.
I once travelled to Canberra to watch my Tah's play, got sick with food poisoning and ended up in my hotel room and couldn't watch the game. Do you suggest I sue the people who sold me the dodgey food?

I understand that everyone has budget restraints, however if you are complaininbg about a $100 plane ticket, maybe you travelling around the country watching your team play isn't the best idea to begin with.

I would love to see a hotel that would not accept a cancellation 30 days out from from checkin. If they say no, you aren't a very good negotiator.....

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Maybe you should of taken it up with those who sold you the dodgy food. We have already touched on how it was simple for this to be avoided, I'm not going to reiterate it.

We all can't have a disposable income, if that's what you're implying.

I can't comment on the hotel issue, I didn't encounter it.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The reality of this situation is that no one is going to be reimbursed for losing money for incorrect plane flights or accommodation that can't be cancelled/refunded.

As has been pointed out by many, this was a conflict that could have been easily avoided and should have been thought about prior to the draw being released.

The outcome of all this will be to discourage people to travel interstate to follow their team. It will discourage people who want to travel to lots of games from booking way ahead when flights are cheapest or there are specials on and wait until closer to the event. This will mean costs are more expensive and fans will travel interstate for matches less often.

Considering how easily this situation could have been avoided, it is a very stupid thing to happen and something that will hurt all parties to some degree.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Welcome aboard, Bessa, good to see another Tahs tragic here. But, please, desist from throwing hand grenades to other teams' followers before you've settled in; they've got enough problems following teams other than the Tahs and we really do need them so's we've someone to play against.

So, ease up, enjoy the banter. Looking forward to your first insightful report on a rugby match. Bit of humour won't go astray either.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Mods: This thread heading says Tahs vs Rebels is round 4. My schedule says this game is round 3.

Apologies but I am a convicted pedant.

P

Paradox

How abouth the dumbass that booked a flight and accom to Sydney on the same weekend as Mardi Gras should get whats coming to him.

That's a ridiculous comment. I wouldn't know when the Mardi Gras is scheduled. It's not on my radar. We don't all live on Oxford street.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Call it what you want, I'll stand up for our fans till I die.

Fearing we are going to cop some anger from the Tahs, with their loss tonight. They always play well against us and we always play shit.

The Red Baron

Chilla Wilson (44)
Call it what you want, I'll stand up for our fans till I die.

Honestly Kronic, that is one of your most endearing and infuriating qualities. Good to see passion.

I also happen to agree with you re: Mardi Gras. I think it was Jermano that got burned with hotel accommodation. Have to read through the thread again though to find out who.

Status
Not open for further replies.