• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels, RD3 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The big question for this match is can the Waratahs avoid losing 10 competition matches in a row.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
So i booked flights and accommodation in November as it was disappearing very quickly because of Mardi Gras. Anyone want free flights from Melbourne to Sydney and 1 nights accommodation @ the Cooper Lodge hotel? These are now useless to me.

No more following the Rebels around the country for me if this is what to expect.
You'd probably get a good price for ticket & accomodation from a Mardi Gras fan.
You could probably get more than you paid- a kiss & a cuddle

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
They bloody-well DO have to win.
No disrespect to the Rebels or their fans.

Absolutely.

This is such a must win game for the Waratahs. With the Brumbies away next week, they have to win this game comfortably to be able to travel to Canberra with a bit of confidence and the hope that they can compete.

Skill errors must decrease this week.

jermano

Ted Fahey (11)

I think this is a MUST win for both sides.
From a Rebels POV we need to be able to account for at least two Aussie teams, We may be able to take the Reds at AAMI but as described earlier in this thread i would prefer to see the Tahs beaten.
If after we have played the 4 Aust teams we only have one win, it would be a disappointing start to 2013

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Okay, the Waratahs are set to win this for the same reason the Reds were set to win in Brisbane: They had just lost away, in a disappointing fashion, and now want to thrash someone and prove they are good enough to win the conference.

The Rebels will struggle, not only because they always do away from home, but because their lack of depth has been exposed and you better believe that the Waratahs coaching squad are going over this with the team.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
The Tah's should win this one comfortabley I would say.
I still think that if the Tah's first game had have been in verses the Reds @ SFS they would have gotten over the top of them.
First home game, crowd behind them, fired up after a lose.
Tah's by 16

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
Will be surprised if Waratahs don't win this comfortably, although the Reds match showed how important it is to get early points on the board against them.

The Rebels' only option is to dominate early and starve the Tahs of possession in the first half. Given we haven't done that in either game so far, I'd say our chances are remote.

Reactions: BDA

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Will be a dower low scoring affair, with rain predicted.

Since our kicks for territory are shithouse, can't see it going well. Hurry up Woodward FFS.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Will be very close, smaller turnaround for Tahs after a very humid and physical game. Some probably lost 5 kgs. Still not back from Wallabies camp large Tah contingent, will only get 1 full training session in. Tahs by 2.

D

daz

I tend to agree with this train of thought and I am surprised some other Tah fans are being so generous. If the Tahs don't beat the Rebels at home, especially given the way the Brumbies dispatched the Rebels in Melbourne only last week, then the Tahs may as well pack up and head out on an early end of season trip.

No disrespect to the Tahs or their fans.

;)

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Delve is being 'rested' so O'Connor will be the captain

Kurtley Beale is ok it seems and will play.

15. James O'Connor (c)
14. Lachlan Mitchell
13. Mitch Inman
12. Rory Sidey
11. Richard Kingi
10. Kurtley Beale
9. Nick Phipps
8. Scott Higginbotham
7. Scott Fuglistaller
6. Luke Jones
5. Cadeyrn Neville
4. Hugh Pyle
3. Laurie Weeks
2. Ged Robinson (vc)
1. Nic Henderson

16. Shota Horie
17. Paul Alo-Emile
18. Jordy Reid*
19. Jarrod Saffy
20. Nic Stirzaker
21. Angus Roberts
22. Tom English

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
18. Jordy Reid*
19. Jarrod Saffy

What a poorly constructed bench.

I understand the whole naming no 2nd rowers on the bench because you've got 1 at 6 idea, I don't like it because it means that late in the game you'll have 2 fatigued players in the engine room but I understand it. However, to name no fresh 2nd rowers but 2 fresh players who are classified as open side flankers is ridiculous.

We have no good lineout forwards on the bench, this could see us running 2 jumpers late in the game when you certainly need at least 3 and we've been running 4.

Conventional thinking suggests you name a fresh 2nd row on the bench and a fresh general backrower (rather than an opensider). So......... wtf?

Status
Not open for further replies.