• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Rebels, RD3 SR2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
what!?? The semi final where Souths smashed Manly? Douglas put a massive hit on Neville in which he lost the ball and Souths scored, it basically got Douglas the nod over him for the Argentina game. There's no way Neville 'finished ahead'.
I do remember that hit. It was a beauty. I also remember Neville running 75m to score. Think it was the same game, but in any case was against Douglas.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I do remember that hit. It was a beauty. I also remember Neville running 75m to score. Think it was the same game, but in any case was against Douglas.

Wow... the video must be deceptive. It looks like Neville only ran about 12.5 metres to score.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-10/shute-shield-semi-final--highlights-of-manly-v/4252966

The shot from Douglas which caused Neville to drop the ball and Hart ran away to score is a cracker and is on that video too.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Wow. the video must be deceptive. It looks like Neville only ran about 12.5 metres to score.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-09-10/shute-shield-semi-final--highlights-of-manly-v/4252966

The shot from Douglas which caused Neville to drop the ball and Hart ran away to score is a cracker and is on that video too.

Neville's long distance try must have been in a regular season game, but I do remember Douglas hitting him in a massive tackle in that game too. He (Neville) ran down the right hand touchline about 75m to score.

Pity Douglas' tackling technique appears to have deserted him. That was a shocking miss on Quirk last weekend.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
any G&GRers fancy doing a scrum challenge thing at half time? Won the 'bring it on' competition on the Tahs website but none of my mates fancy it. Two volunteers required, would need to know quick enough as well.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
If he gets on that will be Peterson's Super Rugby debut.

Hopefully he has an impact if he gets on the field. He looked far better in the trials than I've ever seen him look in club rugby.

He's playing for a contract this year, its now or never and he knows it.

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Neville's long distance try must have been in a regular season game, but I do remember Douglas hitting him in a massive tackle in that game too. He (Neville) ran down the right hand touchline about 75m to score.
Semifinal v Parramatta - think it was about 60 metres.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
any G&GRers fancy doing a scrum challenge thing at half time? Won the 'bring it on' competition on the Tahs website but none of my mates fancy it. Two volunteers required, would need to know quick enough as well.
Fuck, would have been bang up for that, but I can't get to the game. Any other week....

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
Looking forward to seeing Foulau kick this week - if he's going to wear 15 expectations must be that he will not only kick but kick competently and after 2 years in AFL with either foot!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
printv2cgi_zpsac838038.png

Well the rain isn't heavy, but it looks like it will hang around for most of the day.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
Sorry mate told the guy I couldnt do it last night because I couldn't get the numbers!

Don't like scrummaging in the rain anyhow haha

Don't like scrummaging in the rain? That's the best time to pack a scrum....
Next time maybe

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I would have been keen to be involved but I don't plan on being particularly sober by half time. Given that I haven't seen this half time event before, I don't want to be 'that guy' who goes onto the field ridiculously drunk and makes a fool of himself.

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Most of us have had our flights delayed or even cancelled. FML.

More beers at the airport though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
kronic - I hope you get on your flight soon.

Everyone needs to remember that this game starts earlier than usual. 7.25pm kick-off rather than the normal 7:40pm.

Considering the rain, the fact that Tahs fans normally turn up after the game starts, and the earlier kickoff, I'm anticipating spending most of the first half trying to look past people walking up and down the aisle to their seats. So annoying.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Flight delayed to 3pm, sitting outside in the sun with a beer, as long as I get to the game on time I'm happy.

C'mon Rebels

Status
Not open for further replies.