• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What a clash this shapes up to be. Plenty of Wallabies spots on the line

Robinson vs Alexander
TPN vs Moore
Kepu vs Palmer
Ryan vs Sio
Douglas vs Carter
Dennis vs Mowen
Hooper vs Smith
Palu vs Auelua
Mitchell vs Tomane
Horne vs McCabe
Folau vs Mogg

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
and the winners will be.........
What a clash this shapes up to be. Plenty of Wallabies spots on the line

Robinson vs Alexander - Robinson
TPN vs Moore - Moore
Kepu vs Palmer - kepu
Ryan vs Sio - Sio
Douglas vs Carter - douglas
Dennis vs Mowen - mowen
Hooper vs Smith - smith
Palu vs Auelua - equal
Mitchell vs Tomane - tomane
Horne vs McCabe - horne
Folau vs Mogg
- folau

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Tahs on the up, Brumbies looking really solid. A real cracker of a match to come.

Tahs are probably the underdogs and maybe a season off beating the brumbies, but who really knows in super rugby these days.

I can't wait to watch this one (and that's saying something given my natural aversion to things from that neck of the woods).

I hope it's a draw. :p

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I'd expect a repeat of last years game in Sydney.

Brumbies will try and grind it out and it will be a kickfest and they need to pick themselves up after a poor last outing against the Crusaders but will need to bring some extra attacking options after being found out.

Waratah week is always big for the Brumbies - don't let the talk of 'it's just another game' fool you.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it's quite interesting how the Brumbies seem to get up for 'Waratah Week', should you not be putting the best preparation into every game?

T

tranquility

I think it's quite interesting how the Brumbies seem to get up for 'Waratah Week', should you not be putting the best preparation into every game?

Laughable.

All derby's are more important than traditional matches.

We are human, not robots. Some matches are more emotionally infused than others and therefore the intent and application is more involved. That intent will be exactly the same at the Tahs.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No doubt about it during the game, but should the preparation during Waratah Week be much different?

Cyril Towers (30)
I'd expect a repeat of last years game in Sydney.

Brumbies will try and grind it out and it will be a kickfest and they need to pick themselves up after a poor last outing against the Crusaders but will need to bring some extra attacking options after being found out.

Waratah week is always big for the Brumbies - don't let the talk of 'it's just another game' fool you.

It may be a grind, but it won't be a kickfest. Not from the Tahs, anyway.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The Tahs have had good practice for this game. The ponies play a fair bit of Bok rugby and the Tahs are coming off 3 games in that style
I expect them to kick shit out of it as usual. The difference with the Ponies last game is that the Crusaders kicked back and chased whilst the Tahs will run it back. It will be interesting to see who the Ponies kick to, Folau, Mitchell or Crawford. The Stormers used the approach of anyone but Folau

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The only change I can see this week is Betham getting replaced by Mitchell. Kingston could potentially come back onto the bench as our wingers get cycled around.

I imagine Barnes will still be on the bench this week and I'd also think Willie Skelton did enough to get another go. Harsh on Cutch to be left out though.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The only change I can see this week is Betham getting replaced by Mitchell. Kingston could potentially come back onto the bench as our wingers get cycled around.

I imagine Barnes will still be on the bench this week and I'd also think Willie Skelton did enough to get another go. Harsh on Cutch to be left out though.

Timani was holding his chest or shoulder (?) after the game

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Waratahs have come a long way since the hammering they took in Canberra. Really looking forward to this one, as mentioned above there is a lot of direct competition for Wallaby jumpers. Thought Barnes did well in his cameo on Saturday, I could be open to him playing at 12 but I imagine that Mitchell in for Betham will be the only change.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
It's no doubt just dumb luck, but the Brumbies have had a week off to freshen up before both NSW games this year. Most teams coming back from the bye this year seem to have gone pretty well, so I think this will be to the Brumbies advantage.

Foley appears to be suffering some fatigue - given the minutes he has played this is not surprising, but I am not sure I would have Barnes starting in this one either. I would start Mitchell so as to give us the most options on kick receipt as I expect the Brumbies to continue their aerial bombardment. For a team with a supposedly brilliant backline, they don't use it much.

I hope they appoint a top-flight ref for this game, the breakdown is going to be very willing and if someone like Jackson gets it the game will turn into another Reds-Brumbies nightmare. For the sake of a good spectacle, I hope the breakdown and the offside line in defence are well policed.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Steve Walsh is the referee. Rohan Hoffman and Graham Cooper are the assistants and Peter Marshall the TMO.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Hope Fardy is back for the brums. He's not the greatest player but is somewhat talismanic to the team. Wouldn't be surprised if that giant saffa lock is used to counter Timani.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
Steve Walsh is the referee. Rohan Hoffman and Graham Cooper are the assistants and Peter Marshall the TMO.

If Walsh has been chosen as the ref........why?
Considering his performance two years back in the same match.
Maybe he's improved out of sight since then.

Status
Not open for further replies.