• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I hope that Steve Walsh has a good game on the weekend.

I'm not saying he's the worst or the best - but he is certainly one of the most hot and cold, in my opinion.

He had a terrific game in bad conditions when Ireland drew with France in 6N, just after Joubert had butchered the Scotland v Wales game in similar troublesome conditions — and was in cracking form in the big match when Wales smacked England.

But in Super Rugby Walsh seemed to persistently disadvantage the Hurricanes at Suncorp and one empathised with Canes' captain Conrad Smith making his post-match comments. Walsh had had a bad day.

He also breached the TMO protocols in a later game and got chipped for it by Lyndon Bray, the SANZAR ref boss. I don't agree with Kiwi commentators too often, but when they said that it looked like he was reacting to the comments of the players a couple of times when he involved the TMO in that match, I thought he did too.

And he talks too much.

He's had good games in Super Rugby this year too, in my opinion, but it confirms, to me, that he is hot and cold.

He is not a Chris Pollock, who is consistently good and smooths out dissension before it happens.

Bessa

Ted Fahey (11)
As a Reds fan - GO THE TAHS
I would have thought a Reds fan would want the Brumbies to win. With the Tahs still to play the Rebels and Force, and the Reds heading over to RSA, the gap between the Tahs and Reds will narrow up very quickly. I would assume you would want the Brumbies to stop the Tah's momentum or else the final game in the regular season might be very crucial.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I would have thought a Reds fan would want the Brumbies to win. With the Tahs still to play the Rebels and Force, and the Reds heading over to RSA, the gap between the Tahs and Reds will narrow up very quickly. I would assume you would want the Brumbies to stop the Tah's momentum or else the final game in the regular season might be very crucial.

Think it through. If the Brumbies win they are another 4/5 points towards the top of the conference. That's where the Reds want to be if they want to win the title - you don't win it from the last three places. For the Reds, knowing they've got the Stormers at home to come, they need the Brumbies to keep losing a few and this is one they could easily lose if they don't turn up.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I would LOVE it if we could somehow get all three in the top six. With the Tahs to still play the other two though I don't think this can happen.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
What I dont want is for the tahs, brumbies and reds to beat each other and get beaten by other teams that end with only 1 aussie team in the finals.

except if that team is the tahs, then I won't care :)

long shot, considering the points required out of the points remaining.
but you never know - win all the remaining matches and everything is possible.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
not sure.
the brumbies come from a loss and average preformance at home.
the tahs from a rousing victory vs the stormers, with Folau an ispirational matchwinner.
and playing in Sydney.
The odds are much closer I'd say.
Perhaps, but while it's in Sydney Homebush isn't the same as the SFS in terms of home ground advantage.

I certainly think that the Waratahs are in with a reasonable chance, but the Brumbies aren't on top of the comp for nothing. The week off could just freshen them up after the loss and an average performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.