• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
Sorry if I sound like a broken record.

If this game was being played at the SFS (who the fuck calls it Allianz anyway...) I'd be front and centre about 20 rows back in between the 22's somewhere.

BUT goddamnit it's at the Olympic Stadium (who the fuck calls it Telstra anyway...). I think I'll be watching this from the grandstand at home or at the pub.

I know there are monetary incentives to be playing out in Homebush... but jees 20,000 at the SFS is a far better home crowd than 20,000 at the Homebush...

rant over.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
BUT goddamnit it's at the Olympic Stadium (who the fuck calls it Telstra anyway.). I think I'll be watching this from the grandstand at home or at the pub.

It's ANZ Stadium now.

The official name when there hasn't been a naming rights sponsor is actually Stadium Australia.

I also dislike travelling out there but it's not too much of an inconvenience twice a season. Certainly I'd prefer for a bigger crowd to be at Allianz but I accept that the financial incentives of playing out at ANZ are substantial. It would be nice if they didn't need the money.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Saturday night: ACT BRUMBIES v NSW WARATAHS at ANZ Stadium, 7.40pm
BRUMBIES
1. Scott Sio
2. Stephen Moore
3. Ben Alexander
4. Scott Fardy
5. Sam Carter
6. Peter Kimlin
7. George Smith
8. Ben Mowen
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. Joseph Tomane
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Tevita Kuridrani
14. Henry Speight
15. Jesse Mogg

RESERVES
16. Siliva Siliva
17. Ruan Smith
18. Fotu Auelua
19. Colby Fainga'a
20. Ian Prior
21. Pat McCabe
22. Robbie Coleman

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
That's about as good a team as the Brumbies can put on the paddock. Apart from Pocock, any first-choice players missing?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's about as good a team as the Brumbies can put on the paddock. Apart from Pocock, any first-choice players missing?

Dan Palmer is out with a foot injury.

I'd probably prefer him to be playing than Sio. Hopefully we have an edge over Ruan Smith on the bench though.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sorry, Dan, your excellence slipped my mind. That's a good looking bench, apart from Smith. And yet, he might surprise us.

Try-ranosaurus Rex

Darby Loudon (17)
I was looking forward to seeing the clash of Palu vs Auela... might have to wait until the 60th odd minute to see that contest.

That will be some serious meat vs meat.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Fardy is back. We've missed that guy. No bench lock either so the tall timber will get a work out. I assume Fardy will come off for Auelea, kimlin to lock, mowen to 6.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
there are people who love rugby and live on the west side of Sydney, for whom getting to Moore park ranks somewhere between problematic and not worth it. PLaying 2 games at Homebuh gives them a chance to get to some live rugby. The game is not just about the eastern suburbs and north shore.

Also, usually the homebush games get bigger crowds. Reds v tahs 2012 got 32k, in 2011 they got 34k. I'd suggest they'd get in the 30s for this game

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Also, usually the homebush games get bigger crowds. Reds v tahs 2012 got 32k, in 2011 they got 34k. I'd suggest they'd get in the 30s for this game

This is a hard one to be certain of. They're putting the best two games of the season there. You'd expect the matches to have the highest crowds regardless of location.

Status
Not open for further replies.