• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Brumbies RD 14 Saturday 18th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
What a boring game of rugby.

In the Blues v Crusaders game the first penalty was at the 10 min mark. By the same point in this game there was a least 5-6. I don't turn on rugby to watch a penalty rest. It's boring. Steve Walsh should never ever ref at this level. The game had no flow. The breakdown was a dead zone. Boring and lame compared to the NZ game. All his fault.

Brumbies deserved to lose. Played a crap game in the second half. To'omua needs to control the tempo and not just kick all the time. Doubt the Brumbies will make the finals. Lost it.

I really rate the Brumbies smart (some say boring) game plan of never playing in their own half. The problem tonight was that they were kicking for the corners while in the Tahs half. There's absolutely no need for that as they have the players to attack once inside the opposition half. Lost them the game tonight.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Barnes' cutout passes just put the nail in the coffin of any chance Quade had of being in the 30 man squad.

The Tahs composure went up a notch as soon as Berrick came on. I would play Barnes outside Cooper, all day every day. It gives you so many options how you play.

Y'all should pray every day that Stephen Moore stays healthy or you will be in a whole world of shit.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Not sure what positions Barnes and Foley were playing in the second half, they were interchanging at 10. Worked really well, along with Lucas' better service.

Not sure I would select Timani or Dennis in the Wallabies squad on those performances. Thought Paddy Ryan was also done over at scrum time by Sio as well.

Hooper did well; he was much better in the second half.

Palu wasn't too effective carrying the ball, but his offloads were good.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I really rate the Brumbies smart (some say boring) game plan of never playing in their own half. The problem tonight was that they were kicking for the corners while in the Tahs half. There's absolutely no need for that as they have the players to attack once inside the opposition half. Lost them the game tonight.

Definitely, and in good attacking positions too - they kicked away a few overlaps. Having playing with huge boots is no advantage if you're kicking it away in the other team's half.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am 100% certain it was Foley, rewatch the try. Barnes has headgear, and was caught up in the previous ruck. Wait for the after match discussion; it will be shown.
Ah ok my mistake, I'll have to rewatch the match. Think my eyes are deceiving me.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
George Smith thinks his knee isn't too bad, thought it was his ACL but it appears not.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
Not sure what positions Barnes and Foley were playing in the second half, they were interchanging at 10. Worked really well, along with Lucas' better service.

Not sure I would select Timani or Dennis in the Wallabies squad on those performances. Thought Paddy Ryan was also done over at scrum time by Sio as well.

Hooper did well; he was much better in the second half.

Palu wasn't too effective carrying the ball, but his offloads were good.

Once Cooper butchers this Lions series it'll mean that the next 5 years will be To'omua and Foley competing for the Wallabies starting 5/8th spot, starting a golden era of Australian Rugby.

On a more serious note, as long as Lealifa'ano is healthy, it will be a travesty if Barnes is picked at number 12 over him and Mowen needs to be selected at number 6 based on the Brumbies lineout performance tonight alone. Higgers number 8 and Palu needs to be kept as far away from Test rugby as humanly possible. What a hulking mountain of wasted meat.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On the plus side Mogg totally outplayed Folau...

Mogg had a good run through the middle palming off Dennis and then a nice one in broken play of the quick 22 but he didn't do anything else. He's not injecting himself enough, probably not his fault the Brumbies didn't want to play any rugby tonight. Folau looks better in contact and the high ball. Mogg's boot is better. If you had to debut one I'd go Folau due to his size and high ball prowess. Mogg will play later this year or off the bench.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Ah ok my mistake, I'll have to rewatch the match. Think my eyes are deceiving me.

The ball was left to right as well, not the natural side to pass to for most guys. Was a great ball from Foley.

We could still get 3 Aussie sides in the top 6 this year yet.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Mogg was also too slow to get across on Barnes' try; he should've had Barnes covered earlier.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I asked earlier, and it was a serious question, how often does Folau take the ball into contact and just set the ball back?
I think I only saw It once tonight. He has a propensity to go for the miracle 'fling' back towards his guys. I think that's a low percentage play and lower percentage in Test footy.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Mowen needs to be selected at number 6 based on the Brumbies lineout performance tonight alone. Higgers number 8 and Palu needs to be kept as far away from Test rugby as humanly possible. What a hulking mountain of wasted meat.
The ponies have a great lineout but it was made to look better tonight with the loss of Douglas.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Steve Walsh is the best referee in Australia and is generally one of the best referees in the world at the moment.

I thought he was fine tonight. The game, whilst not as entertaining as the blues/crusaders game earlier, was captivating and enthralling.

Obviously I am not really a fan of either NSW and NSW country, but the outcome was perfectly reflective of the relative strengths of the teams on the field tonight and that is a good thing for Australian Rugby.

A bit pissed about what look to be some horrid injuries though.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Steve Walsh is the best referee in Australia and is generally one of the best referees in the world at the moment.

I thought he was fine tonight. The game, whilst not as entertaining as the blues/crusaders game earlier, was captivating and enthralling.

Obviously I am not really a fan of either NSW and NSW country, but the outcome was perfectly reflective of the relative strengths of the teams on the field tonight and that is a good thing for Australian Rugby.

A bit pissed about what look to be some horrid injuries though.

I agree, though I didnt realise the Tahs were playing the Cockatoos. ;)

Reactions: gel
Status
Not open for further replies.