• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Force - 2011R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Dickinson's been accurate, but he is too technically correct IMO. It's the Force attitude towards the game that killed this game, seemingly determined to achieve a penalty and not attack, its negative bullshit that turns fans off rugby. I now remember why I have avoided watching both teams.

Well, accurate in that he is probably correct with most calls when he makes one, but not so accurate in that he is allowing too much negative play from both teams that is killing it. He is usually a "correct" ref, no doubt.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Pissed at Ripia tonight for some reason he kept skipping JOC (James O'Connor) in the backline and chucked it to inman instead. Then the first time JOC (James O'Connor) gets the ball in a usual 12 position he beats 5 and nearly breaks the line.

Why would you not throw it to your biggest linebreaking threat.

Too many kicks in this game pretty awful viewing.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
What the fuck is the matter with the Force? JOC (James O'Connor) kicked the ball more in this game than he has for the whole season put together.

They kicked this game away. We are used to the Tahs diashing up boring, strangling rugby but the Force royally stuffed this up by not playing a game that has worked for them.

I want the last 80 minutes of my life back. I'm sending an invoice to the ARU.

C

chief

Force deserved that loss, didn't deserve the bonus point. Absolute joke.

G

GC

Tahs in the top 6. Strangely enough, I can't see them taking the title. Still, they did enough tonight.

S

Skippy

What a boring game of rugby. Well done NSW Waratahs.... only you could take the speed and skills of Beale and co and turn them into a kick first, most boring team in the competition.

Also... whats with Barnes' inability to pass left to right except for the old school Wally Lewis lob pass? How can an 'international' rugby player not be able to spin pass? Wallaby 5/8?? I think not. His ability to bring width to a backline is non existent.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
It's a rugby league rule.

You're allowed to place the ball in any direction once you're tackled on the ground.

However, a tackled player is not allowed to get back up off his feet and play the ball.

Also, he did place the ball and fell short and then moved to place it again.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Also... whats with Barnes' inability to pass left to right except for the old school Wally Lewis lob pass? How can an 'international' rugby player not be able to spin pass? Wallaby 5/8?? I think not. His ability to bring width to a backline is non existent.

Well, the spin pass is harder to catch than a float pass. In the dewwy/oily conditions handling is hard enough.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Someone mentioned it earlier in the week, the Force only turn up to play at the level they determine is good enough to beat the opposition. They have to eke out wins against teams they should smash and then lift against teams better than them.

They looked at the Tahs lineup and thought thy could win it. They lack the ability to consistantly play at their best.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Another game against the Tahs and another loss. God these guys frustrate me at times. I don't think I'll watch the replay, it'll make me comatose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom