• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Force - 2011R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCutcheon went off with blood. It gets confusing, as sometimes the player that went on as the blood bin replacement stays on and another player then goes off for the player returning from the blood bin.

Speaking of Pat, he had a top game.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
as someone who has relentlessly bagged turner for kicking away every opportunity i was happy with his running tonight>
wow the tahs looked so much more impressive when they stopped kicking the ball
that being said it took em 70 mins of shit

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
What a crap game that was only surpassed by the crap commentary,
Someone tell Kearns to shut the fuck up. I think Waratah J might even have been able to have offer less biased commentary.
It matters not whether the tahs make the Finals or not, as they are purely making up the numbers in this competition.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow people really thought it was that poor? Heh, not true rugby fans I guess. I enjoyed it. Tough, forward battle.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
What a crap game that was only surpassed by the crap commentary,
Someone tell Kearns to shut the fuck up. I think Waratah J might even have been able to have offer less biased commentary.

It wouldn't matter what else I had on, I would tune in to listen to that.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I have to say the blame for all the kicking has to be laid at the feet of the forwards. They never ran back to support a counter, and they never positioned well enough to have a crack at the outside backs.

We were damn lucky the force wanted to play any rugby less than what we did

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Dickinson was shit, the Force played negative and the Tahs failed to prove themselves finals quality, despite taking the 4 points and leaping into the top six. That's about it, I reckon, and so goes Aussie rugby.

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
I have to say the blame for all the kicking has to be laid at the feet of the forwards. They never ran back to support a counter, and they never positioned well enough to have a crack at the outside backs.

We were damn lucky the force wanted to play any rugby less than what we did

I think the blame has to be laid at the feet of the Force. Apparently they kicked 44 times from 62 possessions and forced the Tahs to make just 56 tackles in 80mins of footy!

Even if the Tahs were getting booed for kicking, it seemed to me like they kicked back the first time, got the ball back from another kick in better position and then ran it.

Tahs have now scored 22 tries and conceded 2 in 7 derbies... (Aggregate scores against AUS teams: 45-25 v QLD, 71-9 v Rebels, 51-18 v Force (29-22 v Brumbies but only one match).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Dickinson was shit, the Force played negative and the Tahs failed to prove themselves finals quality, despite taking the 4 points and leaping into the top six. That's about it, I reckon, and so goes Aussie rugby.

Negative ? Are you serious. The tahs Held defenders back quite often. Most noticeable at the end when pocock was trying too free himself too defend and tah players kept on grabbing him. All he wanted too do was defend and try for a pilfer. He had too get around cross to get too the last ruck. Credit too him for not retaliating and just trying too defend.

Best part of the game for me was JOC (James O'Connor) smashing burgo. I didn't think he was going too get up. Also fat cat getting past JOC (James O'Connor) was good.

The force will be spewing about the game. If it wasn't for cross's fluke try it would have been even more close.

And kernse was terrible in commentary. I like how he said horan was commentating like a true reds supporter at one point. Have a hard look at yourself mate.

Beal looked good. JOC (James O'Connor)'s goal kicking was supperb. Pocock and hodgson are looking good too. Good things for test rugby. Thought cummins did well too. Again!!

As Aussies we all need too get behind the reds now. I don't like the tahs chances.

Go the force!!!!

S

Skippy

Nah sorry, dont buy that at all. I've played enough rugby in all manner of conditions and whether someone passes a lob or a spin pass don't make anydifference to the person catching it or their ability to catch it... except when close and a pass is slammed into you in a spin manner. In this situation I would agree it is more likely to be dropped then a soft pop pass.
But these guys are paid professionals and I'm talking about Barnes 'inability' to spin pass, not his decision to 'choose' to pass rugby league style... which is the point of my post.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Yeah? When did the Force actually attack, Shiggins? Not that the Tahs played quality rugby, but the Force spoiled all night, never really looked like threatening in the 22 and generally seemed more interested in ringing up penalties than scoring tries.

As Aussies we all need too get behind the reds now. I don't like the tahs chances.

Sorry, but I don't reckon I'll get behind the Reds just yet. The Tahs are in 5th right now (pending the Sharks game). They might not look good, but they are still up there. It might be ugly, but a win is a win is a win...

...at least until we drop the game to the Lions in a fortnight, or somehow figure out how to lose a bye week...

inthestands

Sydney Middleton (9)
Some Dicko 'highlights'

8th minute – Force get first penalty shot for hands in the ruck... there are no hands whatsoever! Force won the counter-ruck and knocked on... 3 points.

20th minute – Mumm called for not releasing the tackled player when he was completing the tackle. Signal from ref is hands in the ruck... 3 points

22nd minute – Dunning backs off and has the elbow go straight to ground. Robinson called for boring in... opportunity for 3 pts missed

25th minute – Pocock tip tackle on Beale; not too dangerous, but definitely got him past the horizontal. Maybe not a card, but a penalty for sure

27th minute – Cross penalty for obstruction is questionable. He ran to the ball and at the last minute moved, and it was into Brown’s line. However he had eyes on the ball and was probably trying to open up the potential attacking line for the catcher at the last minute. He wasn’t running him off the ball. Result... 3 points

30th minute – Cowan rolls away in the tackle from a bad position, and although he goes over the ball he ends up clear and the ball is there for Burgess to grab, which he does. No advantage, penalty... 3 points to the Tahs.

33rd – Smith knocks on from a kick by Burgess. Dickinson says straight down. Force clear into the in-goal and a Tahs 22. Force have next phase on half-way, 30m up from the “knock-on”

35th – Force stand up on scrum after already being warned much earlier in half. He resets instead of F/K. Ensuing scrum has a whip wheel by WA once being pushed back and scrappy ball ends in a Burgess knock-on 5m out. Three minutes later the same thin g happens but because the scrum goes to ground, it is a penalty to the Tahs. Missed penalty attempt.

48th – Beale taken out in the air and not called. Replay shows Brown with one arm around the front and a forearm in the midriff. Not attempting a catch at all. Force get the ball, go right and Tahs don’t seem to do anything wrong. When the ball pops out the side, he calls a penalty as if the ball couldn’t have got there from a Force error. Force kick 3 and take the lead.

51st – from the kickoff, the ball goes loose and is toed downfield and Turner is tackled into touch. Replay shows the ball from the kick-off went forward off Sharpe.

57th – Tahs scrum 18m out... apparently the Tahs want to collapse on the engagement.... mmm....

62nd – Aweful throw from Whittaker let go. Soon after Force lose in contact and ruck forms with ball on Waratahs side... no advantage from the knock on.

64th – Huge hit by O’Connor on Burgess after he passed. Was he committed? Maybe, but it was late and took him out of the next 3 phases. Although it did commence the 25 phase play which led to the Ulugia try. Not sure that was the ‘advantage’ he was looking for. Included a past-the-horizontal tackle by Whittaker on Mowen. Also included a collapse identical to that which Baxter was earlier penalised for and an ensuring reset which he also thought was a stalemate, followed by another chat to only Fairbrother with the comment “the crowd is getting bored of this rubbish... get it right”... no, penalise them!

75th – scrappy lineout win to Force, but Mowen grabs Stannard. Stannard wins the ball but not cleanly and should have been a penalty.

R

RuckinGoodStats

76 kicks from the hand in the game, or 1, on average, every 26 seconds the ball was in play/contestable. Tah made 32. Force 44.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
76 kicks from the hand in the game, or 1, on average, every 26 seconds the ball was in play/contestable. Tah made 32. Force 44.

But we were told more derbies are good.

Not.

They have for the most part been rubbish except for a couple of matches here and there with the Aus derbies by far the most dour.

If this is good for the game in this country I sure don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.