• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Force - 2011R12

Status
Not open for further replies.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
It makes me cringe when commentators who have played rugby professionally think there is a 'double movement' call in union.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Then it would have been incorrect.

You still have to release the ball once on the ground though? Uluga placed it once and fell short so that means his second movement constitutes playing the ball on the ground? I am not trying to piss of Tahs supporters, just want clarification.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
It makes me cringe when commentators who have played rugby professionally think there is a 'double movement' call in union.

Lol this contributes to my confusion. I have been watching union for about 15 yrs and thought it was only a recent change to have no double movement. Admit now that I was wrong.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'd have to see it again...

But he can pick up the ball and dive for the line... and then he can have another shot at it on the ground...

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Yes but you have the right to place the ball in the first place. You will often see a player being tackled, a defender come in to contest the ball, and the tackled player will move where they were going to place the ball as to better enable their team to win back the ball. Not penalized there, so why in any other situation?

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
I'd have to see it again...

But he can pick up the ball and dive for the line... and then he can have another shot at it on the ground...

He picks it up and drives forward and hits the ground and places it short and then on the second attempt he gets over/on the line.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Yes but you have the right to place the ball in the first place. You will often see a player being tackled, a defender come in to contest the ball, and the tackled player will move where they were going to place the ball as to better enable their team to win back the ball. Not penalized there, so why in any other situation?

Fair call. I guess when it involves points it gets your attention more.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The look on JOC (James O'Connor)'s face at the end tell's me his time at the Force has come to an end. Constantly being cut out by Ripia was pissing him off. He will announce where he is going in the bye week. My prediction - Reds.

Piglet

Herbert Moran (7)
Who won? I can only remember two things from the game. The endless kicking and the ref.

I lie. There's one more. Beale tried very hard.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He picks it up and drives forward and hits the ground and places it short and then on the second attempt he gets over/on the line.

That sounds fine to me...

As long as he doesn't try to get back up with the ball...

Essentially when you're on the ground you either have to release it or play it...

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
The look on JOC (James O'Connor)'s face at the end tell's me his time at the Force has come to an end. Constantly being cut out by Ripia was pissing him off. He will announce where he is going in the bye week. My prediction - Reds.

Hope your right. Cooper, Genia, JOC (James O'Connor), Ioane, Morahan, Davies, Hynes. Some back line.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
That sounds fine to me...

As long as he doesn't try to get back up with the ball...

Essentially when you're on the ground you either have to release it or play it...

No he just placed it again. In that case no probs.

Beale was very good. So good under the high ball.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We Tahs can bring out the dour in anyone. Play us and despair.

To be fair to the Tahs, the Force tried nothing except boot on synthetic-textured-leatherette-substitute, and never looked like getting anywhere near a try. At least the Tahs tried to play some footy, even if they generally didn't do too well in that regard.
On another note, at risk of attracting a rabid attack upon myself, I noted something interesting about Pocock tonight. A few good snaffles. Also made a bit of a habit of tackling the player and attempting to turn them, then neglecting to release the tackled player very much and sort of lying in the way. Funny how we all see it when someone else does it, perhaps less so when it is closer to home.
Fire away.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
To be fair to the Tahs, the Force tried nothing except boot on synthetic-textured-leatherette-substitute, and never looked like getting anywhere near a try. At least the Tahs tried to play some footy, even if they generally didn't do too well in that regard.
On another note, at risk of attracting a rabid attack upon myself, I noted something interesting about Pocock tonight. A few good snaffles. Also made a bit of a habit of tackling the player and attempting to turn them, then neglecting to release the tackled player very much and sort of lying in the way. Funny how we all see it when someone else does it, perhaps less so when it is closer to home.
Fire away.

McCaw has done it for years, so play on I say.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
This has been bugging me past hour whilst removing splattered bugs from the car...we all know about allowing replaced props to return to the field before the end of the game and all that...

But what of McCutcheon returning after having been replaced around 20mins earlier to take the place of Timani...? What's the rule there...I've never noticed that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.