• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

No, he didn't.

He's a good signing but folks shouldn't think he's anything but a promising Super player. He very similar to big brother in that he is a resolute tackler and can dish a ball. He had a top ITM Cup last year, or at least in the games I saw, and if he has the bloodlines of Smoking Joe he's gotta be a good 'un.

Sounds like a running trend in Australian 12's

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Heard today that young backrower from the tahs lachy mcaffrey has signed a 2 year deal to move west. Havent seen a great deal at S15 level due to horrific broken ankle in club semis last year, however good prospect and provides a different backrower to the workers of brown,mccalman and hodgson

I also thought he was still contracted to the Tahs. Are you sure it's not his brother Miles?

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I doubt if the cheeky young bugger (always good for a 7) is ready for Super Rugby both in experience and physicality. It's probably Lachie though I don't know why the Tahs would have released him with Mowen gone.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
lads check out this and let me know if we are missing anyone?

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/showwiki/Force+Contracted+Players

Reg, this is a direct cut and paste from the TWF forum, might help

Player Expiry bold are beyond this year
Players in red not returning in 2012

Paul Alo-Emile 2011
Mark Bartholomeusz 2011 - Retired
Phoenix Battye 2011
Richard Brown 2011
Matt Brandon 2011
Nathan Charles 2012
Pek Cowan 2014
Nick Cummins 2013
Pat Dellit 2013
Matt Dunning 2011 - Biarritz, France
Gene Fairbanks 2012
Tim Fairbrother 2011 - UK
Tetera Faulkner 2013
Tom Hockings 2011 - dropped
Matt Hodgson 2013
Mitch Inman 2011 - Rebels
Jono Jenkins 2011 - dropped
Toby Lyn 2013
Keiron Longbottom 2014
Salesi Ma'afu 2013
Alfie Mafi 2011
Ben McCallman 2013
Tevita Metuisela 2011
James O'Connor 2011 - dropped
David Pocock 2012
Jordan Rapana 2012
Willie Rapia 2012
Brian Sefanaia 2011
Nathan Sharpe 2012
Brett Sheehan 2012
Cam Shepherd 2012
Rory Sidey 2011
Siliva Siliva 2011 - Brumbies
David Smith 2011 - France
Winston Stanley 2013
James Stannard 2012
Mark Swanepoel 2011
Justin Turner 2012
Ben Whittaker 2013
Sam Wykes 2013

http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=28908

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
I thought the Tahs would warehouse Bennetts. He has been in their academy, amateur or pro since he left school, but out of nowhere Kingston was preferred for a 2011 contract. Sidey has turned out OK after returning from overseas and being nothing special for the Tahs, but I think Bennetts is the better player, or at least will be once he gets some of the Super experience that Sidey has.

If the Tahs don't want him it is good that he's getting a trial to show what he can do elsewhere.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I thought the Tahs would warehouse Bennetts. He has been in their academy, amateur or pro since he left school, but out of nowhere Kingston was preferred for a 2011 contract. Sidey has turned out OK after returning from overseas and being nothing special for the Tahs, but I think Bennetts is the better player, or at least will be once he gets some of the Super experience that Sidey has.

If the Tahs don't want him it is good that he's getting a trial to show what he can do elsewhere.

I think Bennetts is potentially a much better player than Sidey, but that remains to be seen. I really, really like the idea of him coming to the Force. He's quick, a great defender and has good hands. I don't think he'd be out of place at all, as he can crash it up when he needs to and has a fabulous outside break that all centres (IMHO) should possess.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sidey's more physical than Bennetts from what I've seen. Sidey takes contact on his terms to drive forward and gain metres, Bennetts targets gaps to break through and set up his outside men. Potentially a good 12-13 combo?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, I think you could be right DPK. They could complement each other quite well. Sidey did alright in the centres this year, but when he was paired with Inman, it was a little too much bash and barge and lacking a bit of creative spark. Bennetts could provide the pace at OC and Sidney the mongrel and defence at 12, or vice versa.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Steve Kefu has been playing pretty well for BoP. I wondered if any Aus Super team would be interested in him as he probably has two or so years left but he could provide a bit of experience. Only team I could even think of would be the Force. Otherwise I guess he'd be off to Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.