• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Can anyone put a draft Force squad together?

1. Chris Alcock 2014
2. Phoenix Battye 2014
3. Richard Brown 2014 - Wallaby Caps
4. Nathan Charles 2014
5. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
6. Nick Cummins 2013
7. Pat Dellit 2013
8.Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development
9. Tetera Faulkner 2013
10. Kyle Godwin 2014
11. Matt Hodgson 2013 Wallaby Caps
12. Toby Lyn 2013
13. Keiron Longbottom 2014
14. Salesi Ma'afu 2013 Wallaby Caps
15. Alfie Mafi 2013
16. Alby Mathewson 2014 Marquee
17. Lachlan McCaffry 2013
18. Ben McCallman 2013 Wallaby Caps
19.Sam Norton-Knight 2014 Wallaby Caps
20. Jordan Rapana 2013
21. David Harvey 2013 rumour he has been released
22. Junior Rasolea 2014
23. Ben Seymour 2013
24. Brett Sheehan 2013 Wallaby Caps
25. Rory Sidey 2013 rumour he has been released
26. Winston Stanley 2013
27. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 2014
28.Will Tupuo 2013
29. Ben Whittaker 2013
30. Sam Wykes 2013

EPS1. Mick Snowden (unconfirmed by ARU only)
2. Salisi Manu (unconfirmed) will replace maafu in 2014.

So thats 30 but with both harvey and sidey gone you would think. That leaves two spots for 3m and pakalani and 3 eps spots left.

In the eps we would be looking for a hooker a lock and either at 12 or 15.
Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
those of you looking at MMM as a 'hard graft lock' may need to go back to the old dvds to watch him play. ( IMHO) MMM was better suited to playing blindside flanker (despite him being 2m tall) as his scrummaging was woeful.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
What about the big Fijian winger Nalaga? Didn't the Force also sign Nigel Genia or did that fall through? What about Angus Cottrell? The Force website seems to have Rory Walton from Norths as well - probably EPS, I guess.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
The Reds were looking at Cottrell but I thought he wanted to stay with the Force. Nigel Genia only went to WA to play in the local competition as they wanted to see if he had the goods. May get one of those EPS spots.

And Nalaga jumped ship back to Clermont a while ago.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Cottrell Has been on a fulltime deal since march last year.
Genia & Mick Snowden are Supposed to be trialling for the eps spot; however also heard there is a small option genia being signed in a stannard type roll.
Manu i believe has been upgraded.
Harvey & Sidey Definately gone.
MMM I have also heard from sources close to home is 90% chance of beign in Perth next year.

Also there is a marquee spot still to fill. I believe they are looking for another 2 locks as ball, sharpe & atkins are gone. As well as a hooker and prop or someone eps

I think you will also see more 'transfers' out can't confirm anything yet but will say and outside and inside back maybe jumping ship

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Cottrell Has been on a fulltime deal since march last year.
Genia & Mick Snowden are Supposed to be trialling for the eps spot; however also heard there is a small option genia being signed in a stannard type roll.
Manu i believe has been upgraded.
Harvey & Sidey Definately gone.
MMM I have also heard from sources close to home is 90% chance of beign in Perth next year.

Also there is a marquee spot still to fill. I believe they are looking for another 2 locks as ball, sharpe & atkins are gone. As well as a hooker and prop or someone eps

I think you will also see more 'transfers' out can't confirm anything yet but will say and outside and inside back maybe jumping ship

If i had to guess seymour and delite?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
but seriously i will say that walton and snowdon are definites EPS i believe. In regards to our backline friends its more been said that they won't be stopped if they find another deal but that bit of info isnt confirmed so if it firms up i will tell you who

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The Emirates Western Force will kick off the 2013 season against the Rebels before becoming the first team to take on the incoming Southern Kings in Super Rugby, when they meet in Port Elizabeth on Saturday, 23 February.

The Southern Kings – who represent South Africa’s Eastern Cape province – are the newcomers to the 2013 Super Rugby competition, replacing the Johannesburg-based Lions, who were relegated at the completion of the 2012 tournament.

According to the 2013 Super Rugby draw released today, the Emirates Western Force will play their first four matches on the road to allow for the completion of the new eastern and southern stands at a revamped nib Stadium.

These ‘away’ fixtures include the competition’s season opener against the Rebels in Melbourne before heading to South Africa for the historic clash against the Kings and a high veldt match-up with the Bulls. The Emirates Western Force then returns to Australia for a showdown in Brisbane with the Reds before the new-look nib Stadium is unveiled to ‘the Sea of Blue’ on Saturday, 23 March when the Force tackles the Cheetahs.

The match against the Free State side is the first of eight home fixtures for the Emirates Western Force in their final 12 games.

In addition to hosting the four Australian sides, the Emirates Western Force will also take on 2012 semi-finalists, the Sharks; the resurgent Highlanders; and a blockbuster against star-studded perennial Super Rugby contenders, the Crusaders.

The West Australians will complete the regular season by hosting the Brumbies, featuring former Force captain David Pocock.

The Emirates Western Force suite of home matches include one home Friday night fixture, six on Saturday night and one on Sunday afternoon, following on from the success of this year’s ‘Superhero Sunday’ that coincided with the clash against the Rebels.

The Emirates Western Force will not have matches at home over the Easter (Friday, 29 March to Monday, 1 April) and
Foundation Day (Monday, 3 June) long weekends.

RugbyWA CEO Vern Reid says the draw delivers many highlights for Emirates Western Force supporters.

“We’re very excited about what the draw has provided us for next season, particularly with regard to our eight home matches,” he said.

“We’re grateful to SANZAR for allowing the side to spend the first five weeks away, and it’ll be a tremendous homecoming when we return to a new-look stadium on March 23. The new stands will provide our members and fans with a much-improved spectator experience, and we’ll be looking for our supporters to help our side in making nib Stadium a tough venue for visiting teams next year.

“We’re looking forward to the return of the Crusaders to Perth; we’ve filled the past two home matches against them and – given where they finished last season and the promise of the Force in 2013 – we’re confident of another sell-out next year.

“We’re thrilled to be playing in the season opener against the Rebels, honoured to be a part of the Kings’ introduction to Super Rugby, and keen to finish the season well in front of our passionate and loyal supporters.

“[Emirates Western Force coach] Michael Foley has referred to the relaunch of the side next season, and the new stadium and exciting draw will further contribute to kicking off an era for the Emirates Western Force that our members and supporters should be very enthusiastic about.”

The Australian Conference teams will be the only teams playing in Round 1 of the competition with four of the teams in action, with the same to occur in Round 17 before the Super Rugby season ‘breaks’ for the June inbound Tests, featuring the British & Irish Lions tour of Australia.

The four-week Test window allows for Australian provinces and the Wallabies to face the Lions in their nine-match visit, beginning with the tour opener against the Emirates Western Force in Perth on Wednesday, 5 June. This match will be held at increased capacity of Patersons Stadium to allow for the influx of touring British & Irish Lions supporters, with more than 11,000 converging on Perth when the side last toured in 2001.

Rounds 18 and 19 (post-break) will feature only New Zealand and South African Conference teams.

2013 Emirates Western Force Draw
Round
Day & Date
Match
Venue
Time (local)
Friday, 15 February
Rebels v Emirates Western Force
Melbourne
Saturday, 23 February
Kings v Emirates Western Force
Port Elizabeth
Saturday, 2 March
Bulls v Emirates Western Force
Pretoria
BYE
Saturday, 16 March
Reds v Emirates Western Force
Brisbane
Saturday, 23 March
Emirates Western Force v Cheetahs
nib Stadium, Perth
Saturday, 31 March
Waratahs v Emirates Western Force
Sydney
Saturday, 6 April
Emirates Western Force v Rebels
nib Stadium, Perth
Saturday, 13 April
Emirates Western Force v Crusaders
nib Stadium, Perth
Friday, 19 April
Hurricanes v Emirates Western Force
TBC
Saturday, 27 April
Brumbies v Emirates Western Force
Canberra
Saturday, 4 May
Emirates Western Force v Reds
nib Stadium, Perth
Friday, 10 May
Chiefs v Emirates Western Force
TBC
Friday, 17 May
Emirates Western Force v Sharks
nib Stadium, Perth
Saturday, 25 May
Emirates Western Force v Highlanders
nib Stadium, Perth
BYE
Sunday, 9 June
Emirates Western Force v Waratahs
nib Stadium, Perth
Saturday, 13 July
Emirates Western Force v Brumbies
nib Stadium, Perth

Tour Match
Wednesday, 5 June
Emirates Western Force v British & Irish Lions
Patersons Stadium, Perth
TBC
See the full 2013 Super Rugby fixtures here.
http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/7720/Default.aspx

M

Moono75

Great back end of the draw with 8 of 12 at home but you'd hope that the damage isn't already done with 4 away games and a bye in the opening 5 rounds.

Hope the team has a massive preseason and comes out firing from the opening game.

T

TOCC

Force fans wont get to see there own team play until Rd6?

Blow that for a joke

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force fans wont get to see there own team play until Rd6?

Blow that for a joke

I like that draw. The Kings in round 2 would have to be an absolute gimme or else we don't deserve to be in this competition. Better to face them early.

I like the idea of facing the Rebels early too. Sure they had bad injury luck last season but we lost both games by 1 point and were the better team for 60 minutes of each game. Just rat shit for the other 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.