• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah he's not quite quick enough to play at Super rugby level and you could see it towards the end of the season just gone. It's a shame, because he has the skill level and footy brain.

W

Waylon

Harvey has every skill in the book, but was cursed with the speed of a 70 yeald old woman, crippled with arthritis on a walking stick.

Great talent, no speed

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Harvey has every skill in the book, but was cursed with the speed of a 70 yeald old woman, crippled with arthritis on a walking stick.

Great talent, no speed

I think you'd find he'd be quite fast by the standards of anyone outside of super rugby. He doesn't look slow in the shield.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think you'd find he'd be quite fast by the standards of anyone outside of super rugby. He doesn't look slow in the shield.
I'm sure he'd would have passed me with ease when I was at my best! But he did look slow in Super Rugby. I must say I thought he looked less slow as the season went on.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I heard he has ham string problems....but that game against eastwood on the weekend and some f those backs have some bulk pace like riley

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Sorry to see Harvey and Sidey get the chop, but they haven't been the answer we need in the back line. Great to see Foley jumping in and making his stamp. Something Graham never did. He seemed to think he had the cattle and was going to magic a decent backline combo out of what he had.

With Rapana, Cummins, Tuatara, Ebherson and Mathewson, the backline is starting to look like it could punch above it's weight.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Is Foley the Coach next year or the Director of Rugby? Are the Force still looking for a head coach?

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
What is your opinion on David Harvey? Do you think he could have the level to play in the Top 14, maybe not as a starter but more as a back up option?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
What is your opinion on David Harvey? Do you think he could have the level to play in the Top 14, maybe not as a starter but more as a back up option?
He was playing div 2 at the start of the year he doesnt have to pase for super rugby but might go alright in the slower forward styke in france

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

He's a Super rugby standard player but not of a starting standard. The fact he came onto the scene a bit older and that he's slow doesn't help him in our rugby either.

In a league like the Top 14 which is a slightly (very slightly) lower standard he'd be great for squad rotation covering 10, 15 and maybe 12. He probably wouldn't start important games though.

He'd also relish the slightly slower more forward orientated game as he is happy to mix it up with the big 'uns.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)

Great talent, no speed

let's not forget his defensive capabilities make Quade Cooper look like Cement Gillespie!

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
He's a Super rugby standard player but not of a starting standard. The fact he came onto the scene a bit older and that he's slow doesn't help him in our rugby either.

In a league like the Top 14 which is a slightly (very slightly) lower standard he'd be great for squad rotation covering 10, 15 and maybe 12. He probably wouldn't start important games though.

He'd also relish the slightly slower more forward orientated game as he is happy to mix it up with the big 'uns.

Ok thanks a lot for the advice. It might be useful! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom