• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesternKiwi

Bob McCowan (2)
Is there a chance of that happening? I thought he was Brumbies through and through, surely they'd have him back to fill the 2nd rower spot they still have.

Re: Tupou, he's a very good player to play a specific type of rugby (crash balls, kick and defend well, etc.). He's great if you want to play that way but Aussie fans hate it.

Personally, I can enjoy a well executed game plan regardless of what it may be.

Tupou is very well liked here in the West, he and Goodwin were a breath of fresh air in a backline with one hand tied behind their backs. Tupou checks all the box's plus some for an outside centre. Given his age and lack of Union game time over the past two years he has done very well. Big things to come from him, and rated as a X between Frank bunce and a Ryan Cross, only bigger, faster and stronger. (he also shits all over R Horne)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
If thats true, that could be curtains. At least in Australia.

Just found it buried in the article Gaffachino posted, it is true. Poor bastard, wish him all the best. I guess this now means it is between Sheehan and Holmes for the 3rd spot. Hope they keep Sheehan, he has been a great servant of the club.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Tupou is very well liked here in the West, he and Goodwin were a breath of fresh air in a backline with one hand tied behind their backs. Tupou checks all the box's plus some for an outside centre. Given his age and lack of Union game time over the past two years he has done very well. Big things to come from him, and rated as a X between Frank bunce and a Ryan Cross, only bigger, faster and stronger. (he also shits all over R Horne)

I'm not saying he's not good, I'm just saying he seems to be a crash ball first player and I can't see him weaving a winger into a gap.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The halfbacks next year will be sheehan and alby. The force have also signed snowden to the eps. Turner is gone for another year but foley is keen to re-sign him 2014 if he can get fit. Holmes is gonski.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

WesternKiwi

Bob McCowan (2)
Just found it buried in the article Gaffachino posted, it is true. Poor bastard, wish him all the best. I guess this now means it is between Sheehan and Holmes for the 3rd spot. Hope they keep Sheehan, he has been a great servant of the club.

I thinks we're looking at Alby, Sheehan and Holmes for the three spots and they mite be keeping young KG in the EPS on rehab, but that'll be wasting a spot for half the season i'd say.

Agreed about Sheehan, he's done well for the club, on and off the field importantly. He would have the biggest heart of the squad by a country mile hey.

WesternKiwi

Bob McCowan (2)
The halfbacks next year will be sheehan and alby. The force have also signed snowden to the eps. Turner is gone for another year but foley is keen to re-sign him 2014 if he can get fit. Holmes is gonski.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Thats right - Snowden....OK. has JT been written off for 2013?

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Aviva Premiership Team of the Week: Round 1

14: Josh Tatupu (Exeter Chiefs)
Exeter’s Samoan winger looked dangerous every time he got the ball, his break in the first half leading to the first try and setting the tone for what was a miserable afternoon for a new-look Sale outfit. While he didn’t cross the whitewash himself he created havoc for the Sale defence, and epitomised Exeter’s team of unsung heroes.

http://www.therugbyblog.co.uk/aviva-premiership-team-of-the-week-round-1[/QUOTE]

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Chapman is probably the last physical Lock on the planet. He is the epitome of a LH lock. If you think Sharpey doesn't push in the scrum, he's Brad Thorn in comparison to Chapman.

Chapman is a very good lineout man, and makes his tackles etc. But he certainly does not "add bulk to a pack".

I wouldn't play him as a lock. I'd prefer to see him as a 6. Compared to many of our back rowers, he adds bulk.

I don't see him as a realistic option for recruitment though, and I'd definitely prefer Hugh McMeniman.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I'd love it if Madness came here next year and I'm not talking about the blokes who sang "House of Fun" either (well Ok, they're cool too).

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
WHERE'S ALL THE MMM TALK COMING FROM!

Could someone cite me anything (even 3rd hand info from someone in the know) saying he even wants to come back to Aus? All I've seen is forum talk.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
He is not signed in japan or europe next year. Back in australia. Reds have reportedly already filled their squad, as have all the other teams.

Connecting the dots en force er

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
He is not signed in japan or europe next year. Back in australia. Reds have reportedly already filled their squad, as have all the other teams.

The ACT have an unfilled 2nd rower spot but I think they're looking for youth (of the South African variety).

T

TOCC

Reds have only signed 29, there is still a position vacant

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Snowden has looked bloody good this season. Good size, nice pass and a smart defender (he saved two tries on the weekend)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Agreed, he has looked good and is worth a shot for next year. Eastwood really didn't miss a beat with him taking over from Nic White (apart from the finals anyway and on the weekend I thought he was MOTM).

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Agreed, he has looked good and is worth a shot for next year. Eastwood really didn't miss a beat with him taking over from Nic White (apart from the finals anyway and on the weekend I thought he was MOTM).

Dave harvey was man of the match I don't know why he can't do what he did at the next level but he looked dangerous with ball in hand and actually at times showed a little toe

Status
Not open for further replies.