• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I always thought Webby was a bit of a heart and soul type guy at the Tahs.

He always seemed to be very passionate about the team and everything that was going on.

I think he'll give everything to the Force and be a great addition to the franchise.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
Now that the coaching staff is in place, I'm starting to get excited. Up until this off season, it's been all half-measures and quick fixes. This truly feels like they're starting to build something with some younger boys - some will not be up to the pace, but some undoubtedly will thrive. Some potentially exciting younger talent in the backs combined with some experienced forwards, an aggressive attack coach who will unshackle them, and who knows? At the least it should be more exciting than the one-out rugby they played most of the last year. Looking forward to it!

Heard rumors that Rasolea failed his medical - any confirmation? If it's true, is he done and out of the picture?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
mI saw this over on the Rebels page so i thought i would do the same.

The year is when they are signed on till.

Props
1. Pek Cowan 2014 - Wallaby Caps
2. Tetera Faulkner 2013
3. Kieran Longbottom 2014
4. Salesi Ma'afu 2013 Wallaby Caps

Hookers
5. Nathan Charles 2014
6. Ben Whittaker 2013

Locks
7. Toby Lyn 2013
8. Sam Wykes 2013
9. Phoenix Battye 2014

Flankers/8’s
10. Richard Brown 2014 - Wallaby Caps
11. Matt Hodgson 2013 Wallaby Caps
12. Lachlan McCaffry 2013
13. Ben McCallman 2013 Wallaby Caps
14. Chris Alcock 2014

Halfbacks
15. Alby Mathewson 2014 Marquee Player Spot All Black Caps
16. Brett Sheehan 2013 Wallaby Caps

Flyhalfs
17. Sias Ebersohn 2014 Development Player Spot
18. Ben Seymour 2013
19. Kyle Godwin 2014

Inside Backs
20. Winston Stanley 2013
21. Chris Tuatara-Morrison 2014
22. Nick Cummins 2013 Wallaby Caps (soon to be)
23. Will Tupuo 2013

Outside Backs
24. Pat Dellit 2013
25. Alfie Mafi 2013
26. Sam Norton-Knight 2014 Wallaby Caps

Rumour Signings
Hugh McMeniman Wallaby Caps Lock
Affa Pakalani Outside Back
2 Spots left If rumours are to be believed and 1 can be a Development player
EPS
1. Mick Snowden 2013 Halfback
2. Salisi Manu (unconfirmed) Prop
3. Walton (unconfirmed) Lock/Flanker
4. Hinderbrand (unconfirmed) Hooker
Bit thin in the Outside backs hopefully a good fullback and winger on the way other than that im fairly happy with the squad.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I believe you have missed Angus Cottrell as a flank, unless I have missed something.
He was EPS this year and nothing has come out saying has signed on for 2013 so not sure about him. i liked the look of him more so than Browny but unless he gets another EPS spot not sure he will be around next year which will be shame. But if he does get the EPS then our EPS is a very unbalanced group all forwards and 1 halfback.

A

allenwalker

i hope alfie mafi gets the fullback roll ! i reckon he's improve then the other clubs he played for ! really happy to see him wanting the ball and the involment ! hope he plays the full 2013 season! fingers cross no injury

M

Moono75

Manu and Cottrell are two great young players to build around for the future. Manu's ITM Cup exposure will be of great benefit for the Force in 2013. He should come in and push for more playing time next year.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I know for a fact that cottrelll and Manu are both on full contracts cottrelll has been pon one since beginning of last season.
Interesting as there has been nothing to say that they are signed i was told about the plan with manu but no word on angus. Shell see in a couple if weeks when the squad us finalised

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
due to the fact eps players can only be picked due to injury and cottrell form in preseason he was upgraded at the beginning of the season. Also Link offered him a deal at reds but he stayed at force cause he didnt want to go back down to eps spot......maybe its changed since foley has come in but that was the deal i heard from the horses and jockeys mouth

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Force recruit best in search for success

The Emirates Western Force has recruited a world-class panel of preeminent experts to form its coaching staff for the 2013 Super Rugby season.
Former Bath Rugby European Challenge Cup-winning Head Coach Steve Meehan and former Queensland Reds strategist Phillip Fowler will link with the Perth-based side for 2013.
The pair joins Head Coach Michael Foley and Forwards Coach Nick Stiles as the brains trust for the Western Australian province. Former NSW Waratahs General Manager Rugby and Wallabies Assistant Manager Chris Webb will also join the Emirates Western Force to oversee the province’s entire professional program as General Manager High Performance.

Read more: http://www.westernforce.com.au/NewsEvents/NewsArticles/tabid/905/ArticleID/7834/Default.aspx

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I like where we are going with the coaching panel. For the first time in several years it looks like there is a decent plan behind all of this and good quality people are in place. Getting Steve Meehan looks to be a bit of a coup for mine.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I like where we are going with the coaching panel. For the first time in several years it looks like there is a decent plan behind all of this and good quality people are in place. Getting Steve Meehan looks to be a bit of a coup for mine.

Agreed. Though I am actually more excited to get Fowler. I think his up front honest approach is required if we are to go anywhere. No point kidding yourself that you are a team of superstars. I think we need to go for the champion team approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.