• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Sheehan lived in Sydney and went to the rugby boarding school St Joseph's College Hunters Hill (Joeys). The Force still train there when they have a game in the east, and he looked at home on the pitch.
like I said he was born in geralton but didn't grow up here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
Midi Olympique is reporting that Nathan Sharpe might play for Racing Metro 92 as a replacement for Lionel Nallet.
I find it weird as he is supposed to retire

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I remember he said on the podcast he'd had a lot of offers to play overseas in the past but never saw the appeal with his young family

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Interesting. I think we tried to sign him back in about 2008.

We lack that kind of player in our backrow. I wonder if that means the Force won't be offering a new contract to Richard Brown.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Battering ram. Tawake is in the Palu mould. We have enough toilers in the Force back row. We need a bit of impact.

He's getting on a bit though.

sudrugby

Watty Friend (18)
In Toulon he has the same level as Fotu Auelua... so hopefully he could have the same impact for the Force as Fotu had with the Brumbies

T

TOCC

Since Godwin is 1st choice 10 for the U20s, shouldn't the Force focus on developing him, rather than buying in some marquee player?

wouldn't be the first time that the Force recruitment and development aim for the 5/8 position didn't make sense.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Don't be condescending. Besides, who exactly are you referring to in a marquee player?

The Force are spending plenty of effort in developing Godwin. Even you guys are smart enough to see he is not ready to be a starting 10 in Super Rugby. Another 10 capable of starting week in week out, in this case Sias Ebersohn, is necessary.

Or are you guys just pissed off that Tapuai might be leaving the Reds?

T

TOCC

Don't be condescending. Besides, who exactly are you referring to in a marquee player?

The Force are spending plenty of effort in developing Godwin. Even you guys are smart enough to see he is not ready to be a starting 10 in Super Rugby. Another 10 capable of starting week in week out, in this case Sias Ebersohn, is necessary.

Or are you guys just pissed off that Tapuai might be leaving the Reds?

Is it condescending to identify a fault? Do you really believe that the Force's recruitment and development process at the 5/8 position has been to a good level over the past 6 years?

The Force have been either lacking a quality starting 5/8 and/or depth for the past 6 years, so claiming Kyle Goodwin is evidence to contrary is a laugh. He may be promising, but that doesn't excuse the past 6 years, even prior to Willie Ripia been sacked at the start of 2012 it was evident that the Force were lacking quality depth in the 5/8 position, so why was the marquee position used on a outside back rather then another player capable of playing 5/8. Why had hundred of thousands of $$ spent on recruiting marquee players but no $$ spent on young fly-halfs to be tutored and mentored by these players whilst they were in the teams.

Like i said, not been condescending, just pointing out an obvious issue in the teams recruitment and development strategy.

T

TOCC

Oh btw.. in regards to Tapuai joining the Force.. Well don't count your chickens too early, thought you lot would have learnt that after the Genia debacle.

M

Moono75

Oh btw.. in regards to Tapuai joining the Force.. Well don't count your chickens too early, thought you lot would have learnt that after the Genia debacle.
Genia debacle was all Genia, however the decision to stay with the Reds looks like the right one based on his level of play with the Wallabies. We'll see how Tapuai pans out. Thank god he got out of Perth before the bad weather. We only want our recruits to see the sandy white beaches :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom