• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caputo

Billy Sheehan (19)
The Aus Under 20 run showed some good depth for the Force with RHP as a short term replacement for Cotterell and depending when he returns from injury. Others to impress Hooker - Scoble and Winger - Lacey

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Definitely very promising. There are a couple of guys who didn't make the U20s cut who are also very good. It will be great to see them play in the NRC.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Corey Thomas (lock or 6) and Kane Koteka (backrower) both played for the Force 'A' and Southern States U20s. Richard Hardwick played Force 'A' and was in the shadow squad for the U20s. With Cottrell out for the season and Hodgson and McCalman at the Wallabies- I'd expect to see those guys playing.

Oscar Backhouse (lock) and Angus Taylor (scrum-half) also played for both and might get some game time.

Guys like Thomas, Koteka and Backhouse were kept out by some pretty top notch players in the U20s (Dempsey, Perry, Staniforth, McMahon, etc).

M

Moono75

Any news on potential big signings for 2015? The recent losses to the Crusaders and Blues have shown that we are still lacking a bit of top line game breaker talent.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
With our best 15 on the park we go well. Would be nice to get Morahan, Cummins, Godwin, Mathewson and Hayward all on the park together for a few games.

A powerful line bending 13 would be amazing for us.

In the pack its once again hard. We will miss Longbottom. I genuinely feel anyone we are going to pick up to replace him will be a step down. A large brutish 6 would be bloody nice. But I think we have a good one in Cottrell in the making. Stander has done everything asked of him. MMM's gone, but we originally grabbed him as a lock, so I guess we need another lock.

Is Hodgo signed through till the end of 15?

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
2015 Squad Updated
1.Chris Heiberg Development Player 2016
2.Ollie Hoskins 2016
3.Tetera Faulkner 2015
4.Heath Tessman 2015
5.Wilhelm Steenkamp Marquee Player 2016
6.Sam Wykes 2015
7.Adam Coleman 2016
8.Matt Hodgson Wallabies Caps 2015
9.Ben McCalman Wallabies Caps 2015
10.Brynard Stander Development Player 2015
11.Ian Prior 2015
12.Zack Holmes 2015
13.Kyle Godwin 2016
14.Marcel Brache Development Player 2015
15.Luke Morahan Wallabies Cap 2015
16.Nick Cummins Wallabies Caps 2015
17. Alby Mathewson Marquee All Black Caps 2016
18. Angus Cottrell 2016

Off contract

Pek Cowan Wallabies Caps
Salesi Manu
Nathan Charles Wallabies Caps
Chris Alcock
Sias Ebersohn Development Player
Chris Tuatara-Morrison
Ed Stubbs
Dane Haylett-Petty
Junior Rasolea
Jayden Hayward Development Player
Pat Dellit
Robbie Abel (EPS)
Rory Walton (EPS)
Ryan Louwrens (EPS)
Luke Burton (EPS)

Gone
Phoenix Battye
Kieran Longbottom
Hugh McMennamin (Was contracted for 2015 but he gone)

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I would say Cowan, Burton, Louwrens, Hayward, DHP, Charles will be resigned

and if i was the force i would also be holding on to Walton and CTM.

Then I imagine Scoble, RHP and Lacey will be given deals (Force would be crazy not to)

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
I would say Cowan, Burton, Louwrens, Hayward, DHP, Charles will be resigned

and if i was the force i would also be holding on to Walton and CTM.

Then I imagine Scoble, RHP and Lacey will be given deals (Force would be crazy not to)
Of the players already here I would sign

19. Cowan
20. Charles
21. Alcock
22. DHP
23. Junior
24 Haywood
25 Burton
26. CTM

That leaves 4 spots on the main list

We need another prop and if nothing better is out there than keep Manu.

If Ben Lucas is signed than I would let Sias return home.

That's 2 left we need a lock again if nothing better give it to Walton and then another back would love it to be Horne but he looks set to re-sign with the tahs.

For the eps I would have

1. Van Wyke (spelling?)
2. Scoble
3. RHP
4. Louwrens
5. Lacey

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
^^not a Walton fan? I think he has been great in the small amount of time he has been given. I wish the reds would sign him. I like him more than Mcduling

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
^^not a Walton fan? I think he has been great in the small amount of time he has been given. I wish the reds would sign him. I like him more than Mcduling
It's not that I don't like him he was good when he got his chance but he hasn't kicked in just like Manu. That's why I said if there is nothing better out there then we need to keep hold of them as they are good players.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's not that I don't like him he was good when he got his chance but he hasn't kicked in just like Manu. That's why I said if there is nothing better out there then we need to keep hold of them as they are good players.

I agree with this. Walton needs to be weighed up against who would be signed if they let him go.

Walton is 25 so he's not a baby and was quickly passed this year by Coleman.

With Steenkamp, Wykes and Coleman, Walton is still fourth choice at best in 2015.

If there is a younger player available who the Force anticipate might have a higher ceiling than Walton, they should probably sign him. If all goes to plan, that player will not really be in the picture until 2016 so they have a bit of time to work on someone.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Seems he had an exit option clause, which he exercised. Is the HB carrying an injury we don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.