• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
No great loss. Let's hope he realises his potential up there, he certainly hasn't down under.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Probably for the best. He's had time to show what he can do, and while good can be extremely patchy. Time for another young aussie to develop in this position.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
So how good was our line out this week! Really good. We are running the ball a lot more and it's starting to be come effective with around 3 line breaks last night. Didn't have that many run meters however as we needed more Possession. I think. Foley has The team moving in the right direction but it's too late for him.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
How about the travel turn around for the Chiefs? We play them next Saturday. They've flown RSA to Arg and will need to fly on to NZ. They play the Chiefs at 4am Monday NZ time. If they get on a flight on the same day as the game, which surely must be bad for recovery, they get into Auckland on Tuesday morning and will need to find there way to Hamilton. So you effectively have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to recover and prepare for the next game. Tough!

Surely you'd roll out the extended squad for one of those but which one. Play the A team against the Force for a guaranteed win or play some reserves and aim for tge two wins.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
The only thing that needs to be said re the new attacking style that has been spoken off so much from the players and coaches is this...

We have scored 4 tries in 4 games which is the lowest amount in the comp.

Foley needs to go its as simple as that.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
perhaps--but the lack of try scoring is due to player error,rather than tactics
Absolutely it due to player error which comes down to their basic skills level which is the coaches responsibility it is serverley lacking.

Also the tactics imo haven't changed at all from last year however instead of hitting it up 1 out from the ruck they are attacking the 2 channel. And if that doesn't work just play down the short side of the ruck even if you are already in the 5m channel.

Great work Foley

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
if you have not got the basic skill level by the time you reach this level--you would not have reached that level--maybe the players just dont jgive a fuck(apart from Hodgo)?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I've said it once I've said it a thousand times. Our players aren't good enough. And we can't attract better ones because we don't have a coach they want to play for.

T

TOCC

I think the starting XV players are good enough, but below that depth is average. High quality coaching could help overcome this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Out of curiosity, who would people aim for if the Force were searching for a new coach?

I like what David Rennie achieved taking the U20s then winning the comp with the Chiefs. Wayne Smith certainly helped.

Do we look at a guy like Adrian Thompson who has steered the ship at U20 level (albeit underwhelmingly)?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I think the starting XV players are good enough, but below that depth is average. High quality coaching could help overcome this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you think Rasolea or Brache would start in any other Super team?

Status
Not open for further replies.