• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
So by that standard all of Australias teams should be on the chopping block considering last years results and crowd figures.
The ARU and NZRU need to take back control of SAANZAR and tell the South Africans to fall in line or get stuffed. Bringing in Argentina has been a disaster and the Sunwolves were an after thought, thank you South Africa. I doubt the ARU has the balls to make such a stand though even though it would be in Australias interests to do so.

It would be interesting exactly how much less a TT competition would be worth against how much would be saved.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
SAM WYKES IS STARTING FOR THE SUNWOLVES!

That's a bloody blast from the past. I always thought he'd eventually sneak into the Wallabies if he could string a good season together (remember, we had lock depth issues). Good to see him kicking around.

At 28 with already 2 years in Japan, I hope he sticks around and plays one or even 2 World Cups for them.

N

NTT

Sunwolves also have ex Force winger Will Tupou in their squad aswell as Sam Wykes.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sunwolves Coach has been meeting with western players with Joseph, the National coach, trying to get guys to stay continuously from Top League then Sunwolves. Guys like Wykes and Moli are key to next WC lock stocks, along with recent capped internatioanl Kotaki and Usami, whilst Tupou would be fantastic as a 13 option along with Sau. Can't wait to see him play for the Sunwolves at 13 next to either captain Tatekawa @12 or new NZ born gun Lafaele. Throw in tyros Quirk and Britz and good luck to them!

Agree with Wessels that Force were the better team for most the match! Great intensity in contact across the board. Really loved what I saw defensively of the centre pairing, especially Rona! That guy hits anything and everything flatout.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Thought I'd pop in to say I thought the Force looked really strong against the Tahs, and I agree with both upthereds#! and Wessels when I thought they were the better team and deserved to win.

Your pack really stood up and stuck it to the Tahs. Stander, Koteka, Hardwick? Who?

Despite knowing almost nothing about your backrow (except Hardwick) it worked really well as a unit and they played with awesome aggression.

RHP continues to impress and Coleman showed everyone why he's the baddest motherfucker in the Wallabies. With McCalman / Hodgson back you guys will be really firing.

I loved the backline. Louwrens is class and I wouldn't be surprised to see him usurp Frisby (what a shocking performance) and others in the queue for the Wallabies.

Lance played well (as always) and Meakes / Rona were superb. Meakes, to me, seems to be a real competitor. He was up in the Tahs face all game, he was animated and assertive, and most importantly he didn't back down from big names like Hooper. He seems to have a point to prove and he was excellent IMO.

Rona was likewise. The guy is big and he knows it. He put in some quality shots (he was a bit soft on Skelton's try but its hard not to get bumped by Skelton in that position) and has some deft skills as well. Peni, DHP and Morahan were quiet but they are talented players and need to get more involved. That said, it was hard to do so given the conditions.

I also like the inclusion of TPN, Daley, Faulkner and Naisarani off the bench. You guys need to learn how to close out / finish games and that experience will help immensely with that.

All in all you guys can take a lot of confidence from that game. Onwards and upwards!

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Force looked good. I'm excited to see Rona and Peni in better handling conditions. As an aside, DHP is bloody excellent.

I thought Naisarani was Super Rugby ready, but he looks like he needs a couple more weeks to adjust to the pace (and fair enough).

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
I was fairly pleased with the Force's performance, other than still not being able to execute when the pressure is on. With TPN throwing and Coleman jumping, you can't win your own lineout when it's crunch time? I'm hoping it's technical/cohesive issues that can be fixed, and not mental.

Other than that, was happy with the new-look back line - loved the rush defense and the pressure on the breakdown. Looking at Frisby's performance from the weekend, I'm hoping that they can get some pay from pressuring that 9/10 connection.

They've got the personnel to do some damage, now it's time to execute. Most of all, they've got to learn to win.

D-Box

Ron Walden (29)
Let's just leave this here

8b33dd2faee74ca4f7431e3341a632ae.jpg

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Let's just leave this here

8b33dd2faee74ca4f7431e3341a632ae.jpg

well done Force and good to bask in the glory, but i'll remind you the Rebels led the Aus conference for about the first half of last year - things change

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Shhhh

well done Force and good to bask in the glory, but i'll remind you the Rebels led the Aus conference for about the first half of last year - things change

I was fairly pleased with the Force's performance, other than still not being able to execute when the pressure is on. With TPN throwing and Coleman jumping, you can't win your own lineout when it's crunch time? I'm hoping it's technical/cohesive issues that can be fixed, and not mental.

Other than that, was happy with the new-look back line - loved the rush defense and the pressure on the breakdown. Looking at Frisby's performance from the weekend, I'm hoping that they can get some pay from pressuring that 9/10 connection.

They've got the personnel to do some damage, now it's time to execute. Most of all, they've got to learn to win.
I think we could do with a good news story for oz Rugby. And whilst tahs main team I support, the force topping the oz conference and getting to say semi finals would be a good news story all oz Rugby fans would rejoice in. At least seems remotely possible at this point if a force supporter, and most definitely not if a rebels supporter.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.