• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Fantastic recruitment by the WF......some consider "Troop" the best strength and conditioning/high performance manager in Australian Rugby.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
This player list was updated on the WF website today.

2021-01-04_18-14-11.jpg

Some interesting additions: Ben Grant (Lock), Grason Makara (Centre), Jackson Pugh (Lock), Victor Harris (Prop)
Some interesting exclusions: Julian Montoya (Hooker) and Toni Pulu (Outside Back) (Both previously announced)

Additions maybe part of a wider training group.
Exclusions maybe just oversights or late changes.

I'll wait for an official announcement before updating the front page.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
New Western Force CEO Aims to Emulate Success of NZ Champions

January 5, 2021
Former WA rugby union representative Tony Lewis will look to emulate the success of New Zealand’s champion province, the Tasman Mako, in developing talented young players after being appointed the new Chief Executive Officer of the Western Force.

Read more.......

I assume that Matt Hodgson continues as Director of Rugby for Tattarang.

From this interview he looks just the right sort of bloke for the WF and for rugby in WA.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)

View attachment 11986

Some interesting additions: Ben Grant (Lock), Grason Makara (Centre), Jackson Pugh (Lock), Victor Harris (Prop)
Some interesting exclusions: Julian Montoya (Hooker) and Toni Pulu (Outside Back) (Both previously announced)

Interesting exclusions. Was really looking forward to Montoya especially. I hope that's just an omission and they're just tying up loose ends.

Good to see young local talent particularly at lock where we need more players. Still feels very light on in the back row.

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)

View attachment 11986

Also 9 Western Australian's out of 34.

Decent number given we were cut off from Super Rugby for those years.

*Western Australian born or came through junior clubs/schools here

Kevin77

Fred Wood (13)
I count 10: Victor Harris, Brad Lacey, Kyle Godwin, Jackson Pugh, Kieran Longbottom, Ollie Callan, Kane Koteka, Ben Grant, Grason Makara, Michael McDonald.

12 if you count Buenos Aires as a suburb of Perth.

That's even better! I somehow missed Grant in my calculations

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
All the bio data (apart from the single entry on the WF website) tells me that Ben Grant was born in Townsville and didn't move to WA until 2017 when he came to join the Future Force Foundation.
"Playing my first game for the Surfers Paradise Dolphins back on the Gold Coast."
He was obviously already playing rugby in Queensland before he came to WA when he was 19yo.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I hadn't seen the other entries- was going from the WF one- have to admit I was surprised when I saw it because I remember commentators talking about him in the domestic U20 games. 9 it is then.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

View attachment 11986

Force have confirmed their web site is still being worked on. Christy Doran fairly adamant that Pulu and Montoya will be in WA this year.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Christy Doran fairly adamant that Pulu and Montoya will be in WA this year.
Some suggestion of an Argentinian hooker's wife not securing an entry visa ...........

I don't know any substance of it - or if there is any - but hopefully it all gets worked out.