• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force 2021

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I would love for them to come out and say we are getting our WA stars back. We want Pasitoa and DHP and McDonald and Tizzano. They left when we didn't have a Super Rugby team and now we do and we want them back.

That would be awesome.

Then they can say - and we're going to do bring back the stars that the fans deserve to see. The Roddas, the Skeltons, the McMahons. We want to show them that there is a high performance program here for them in Australia.

THAT's what they should have said. Not this "we are going to bring back locals and then list a bunch of interstate players.

But I would think so much more of them if they openly said they were targetting bring the WA boys home. They've been talking up names like Dan Carter, Gill and McMahon etc since 2018. Shut up about it and just announce them when they've signed. But openly target the WA boys.
And which of those WA locals is off contract? Only Pasitoa. I know Pasitoa was born over here but did we actually develop him or did he do most of his schooling in Queensland. I'd take every one of those guys before some marquee signing or returning Wallaby, but I don't fancy our chances. I reckon we should instead be looking at Jack Hardy, Jayden Ngamanu, Dickie Hardwick, Louwrens and the like. There are a couple of guys over in Europe (Zack Holmes, Ollie Hoskins) I'd want to take a look at.

I think in some ways it is easier said than done.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
And which of those WA locals is off contract? Only Pasitoa. I know Pasitoa was born over here but did we actually develop him or did he do most of his schooling in Queensland. I'd take every one of those guys before some marquee signing or returning Wallaby, but I don't fancy our chances. I reckon we should instead be looking at Jack Hardy, Jayden Ngamanu, Dickie Hardwick, Louwrens and the like. There are a couple of guys over in Europe (Zack Holmes, Ollie Hoskins) I'd want to take a look at.

Get Clay Uyen back from France. Would mean can stop playing Brache and Lacey on a wing.

He’s still only 23

sendit

Bob Loudon (25)
I reckon we should instead be looking at Jack Hardy, Jayden Ngamanu, Dickie Hardwick, Louwrens and the like. There are a couple of guys over in Europe (Zack Holmes, Ollie Hoskins) I'd want to take a look at.

You need to aim for better than these guys though, if they are your big name signings then you're going to get pumped worse than this year

Fuck the "fostering the WA talent" for 2-3 years, become competitive, then filter in local lads as needed. The Force need to get away from this obsession of homegrown talent or journeymen who have played for them previously and worry about getting some runs on the board

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

contracts don't mean anything in this COVID-19 period. Particularly when they were originally signed when the Force had lost their Super Rugby licence. Plus Twiggy can do anything apparently.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Confusing Twiggy with Kezza?

Western Force is like catnip to you these days, RR. You used to be at the saner end of these online rugby asylums that we all inhabit. :D

Just in the Force threads...you know what they say, when in Rome....

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Just in the Force threads.you know what they say, when in Rome..
Dunno, mate. The lawnmower cleared the field and lopped the wildflowers here a few years ago.

Shy and humble shrinking violets like myself remained … But, in a fallow field, others could show their blooms.

You're the new red poppy, Reg.

Someone's got to be the colour commentator but, hey, at least it ain't twitter.

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Centre Kyle Godwin set to return home to Western Force after Waratahs fail to reach an agreement
Nick Taylor - The West Australian - Sun, 13 September 2020

Western Force favourite son, centre Kyle Godwin, is set to return to the club next season.
The Force are in discussions with the home grown product who returned from Irish club Connacht for the Super Rugby season.
He was expecting to head to the Waratahs when the season ended but they could not reach an agreement in what was thought to be a done deal.

Godwin, a former Aquinas College pupil, made 52 Force appearances before moving to the Brumbies and then Connacht. He played one Wallaby Test in 2016 but career was hit by injury.
Former Force captain Matt Hodgson, now director of rugby at Global Rapid Rugby, said only that Godwin would be “a player of interest”.

Meanwhile Hodgson is disappointed that Godwin, No.8 Brynard Stander and young hooker Feleti Kaitu’u, who were picked for the initial Wallabies training squad, but did not make the final cut.
“Disappointing for those boys that they missed out,” Hodgson said.
“Having been chosen initially was another step forward for the club. If you look back two years we had nobody on the Wallaby radar, now the coaching panel is talking to our players regularly.”

Homegrown star signs two-year deal

Read more.....

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Some good signings

TRAIN TO PERTH
Tevita Kuridrani is set to sign with the Western Force for the 2021 season.​
It means that Saturday’s grand final will be his final game for the Brumbies.​
The former Wallabies centre was not picked in coach Dave Rennie’s 44-man squad for the October Bledisloe Cup Tests, however the “K-train” remains a dangerous midfielder and will form a powerfield centre combination with Kyle Godwin, who has rebuffed NSW Waratahs to remain in Perth.​
Kuridrani is believed to be on $600,000 with Rugby Australia and the Brumbies, but will accept less than that to join the Perth franchise that is building a strong roster for next season.​
Former Queensland Reds playmaker Jake McIntyre, now playing for French club Clermont, is another to sign with the Force next season, as is Aussie Sevens flyer Tim Anstee.​
They’re also set to sign a number of Argentinian stars including halfback Tomas Cubelli.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...d/news-story/5b8aa6299301c1e506c70029ce3fd0db

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
According to RA web site he is 191cm and 98kg.

If he wants a shot at 7s Olympics he'll have to keep around that I would have thought. Otherwise, he needs a bit more bulk and, yeah, perhaps more a backrower.