• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Blues 28th June @ The Force Field

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

That was truly horrendous. The Blues tore us a new ass through our existing ass.....and they found Sam Wykes holidaying there.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
tumblr_inline_mgwoeovy751ra5b2i.jpg
fart.gif
fart.gif
fart.gif

teamamerica.gif
dishes.gif
teamamerica.gif

flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
batmanbomb3vc.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif
flames.gif

M

Moono75

That kind of effort wont get us into the finals. Nice weather.....funny people thinking that was cold.....hahahaha haha

Hoolly Doolly

Fred Wood (13)
Its the same blueprint used by the brumbies and stormers. plus we must have stepped out of the change rooms half asleep.
We will match up a bit better against the reds and a depleted brumbies but a fair bit of work is required to mix up our attack a bit. Pretty sure we didnt score when the blues were one man down in the bin which is embarrasing considering they did score a try one man down. Holmes made a couple mistakes but like his running game attacking the line. ctm's suspect defence showed up again. might be better to run with burton at 12 for the rest of the season. brache was good and roselea had a nice return. It also made no sense to kick the ball directly to the blues back 3. they must have run a combined total of 1000m in counter attack running from deep.
Pretty sure the pack will make amends for this weeks performance. Blues too good slowing down the ball at the breakdown which pretty much negated alby out of the game. This part of the game is supposed to be our specialty and we gotten beaten at it. Also come off 4th best in the collision contest. way to passive in defense and attack with ball in hand. the one off from the rucks catching the ball flatfooted waiting to get poleaxed by the blues defence was doing my head in. MMM springs to mind using himself as a crash test dummy. might be better off starting with stander and use mmm off the pine.
The only positive was the scrum.
Heaps to improve on if we are to beat queensland b next weekend because we looked like queensland d today. go force!

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
It was like week 1 all over again......... just hope we can turn it around again!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That was probably the difference between a finals spot and having to fight the Brumbies for 6th. Gutted for the Force. Wanted them to get there for the sake of rugby in the west

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Luatua turned up in a big way last night...Jerome Kaino is a flipping' machine - full-stop. One of the worst moments as a player right now must be picking the ball up for a quick pick-and-go and looking up to see Kaino in front of you. He turns that play into a pick--and-go-backwards.....my favourite player and I'm glad to see how strongly he's come back.

Nonu was huge last nite too.....Tuipulotu is looking great, Bryn Hall played really well - just looking for the young new hooker to come up and start pushing Kevvy.

With the Brumbies looking pretty depleted and having a bye in the last 2 weeks as well as the Canes, it's not impossible for the Blues to make the 6..... CMON BLUES!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
That taste of glory at the World 10's must've been just the tonic.

They're high on fire now.

HIGH ON FIRE.

As you said B.Ullrush, Kaino, Faumuina, Luatua etc taking pride in stopping pricks dead and doing the pick and go backwards thing

Visinia, Li, Frank Halai, George Moala, surely they're queuing up to be AB's (Moala least likely due to his night hobby of beating up pricks on K Rd, a hobby cruelly not completely endorsed by the racist NZRFU) but jeez what the Cantabs wouldnt give for just ONE bloke of this calibre for their vanilla yawnscape side-to-side and back again backline

As for Mealamu, I am completely fucked if I know WHY they aren't giving Tom Mcartney a burl at hooker, he looked top shit about a year ago but since then he's been inexplicably languishing on the bench, almost a Hika Elliot scenario, tee'd off the wrong brass or something

Aucks got their final next week vs the Cantabs where I FULLY expect them to revert to type and drop every second pass and then lose interest and wander off for some chips at the concession stand before halftime haha

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
That taste of glory at the World 10's must've been just the tonic.

They're high on fire now.

HIGH ON FIRE.

As you said B.Ullrush, Kaino, Faumuina, Luatua etc taking pride in stopping pricks dead and doing the pick and go backwards thing

Visinia, Li, Frank Halai, George Moala, surely they're queuing up to be AB's (Moala least likely due to his night hobby of beating up pricks on K Rd, a hobby cruelly not completely endorsed by the racist NZRFU) but jeez what the Cantabs wouldnt give for just ONE bloke of this calibre for their vanilla yawnscape side-to-side and back again backline

As for Mealamu, I am completely fucked if I know WHY they aren't giving Tom Mcartney a burl at hooker, he looked top shit about a year ago but since then he's been inexplicably languishing on the bench, almost a Hika Elliot scenario, tee'd off the wrong brass or something

Aucks got their final next week vs the Cantabs where I FULLY expect them to revert to type and drop every second pass and then lose interest and wander off for some chips at the concession stand before halftime haha

bit harsh dismal pillock,we may of looked liked pricks,played like them--but I can assure you we have got rid of them a couple of years ago:)

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
That's what the Rebels were saying earlier in the week too. That turned out well.

I am hoping the old rule applies: Teams are most dangerous after they have been flogged the week before and teams are most in danger of complacency after a big win.

We need 5 points against the Reds and there is no reason we shouldn't get a win at the very least. The Blues beat us physically with their high power forward pack. The Reds don't really have that. They probably also don't have the explosiveness out wide that the Blues have. The key thing for us is to not play like complete shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.