• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Blues 28th June @ The Force Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Yeah he confirmed that to me last week but still this clip along with the paper today saying he could be back next week bit strange.

But with Burto and junior back we have good cover.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What does the team lineup look like?

The bolded are contentious, but could we perhaps see:
Cowan, Charles, Longbottom, Wykes, Steenkamp, Stander, Hodgo, McCalman, Mathewson, Ebersohn, Cummins, Tuatara-Morrison, Rasolea/Brache, DHP, Hayward.

With a bench of Tessmann, van Wyk, Hoskins, Coleman, MMM, Prior/Turner, Holmes, Brache/Rasolea?

Should be a real test against the Blues. They have threats across their backline, and the return of their AB forwards will bolster their forward pack. Our kicking will need to be intelligent, that's for sure.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Cowan, Charles, Longbottom, Wykes, Steenkamp, Stander, Hodgo, McCalman, Mathewson, Ebersohn, Cummins, Tuatara-Morrison, Rasolea/Brache, DHP, Hayward.

With a bench of Tessmann, van Wyk, Hoskins, Coleman, MMM, Prior/Turner, Holmes, Brache/Rasolea?

Should be a real test against the Blues. They have threats across their backline, and the return of their AB forwards will bolster their forward pack. Our kicking will need to be intelligent, that's for sure.

Am I wrong in saying that this year the Blues have NEVER won away? The Force just need to stick to their gameplan, come out rested and firing and they will throttle the Blues backs out of the game. Mathewson is probably the player they want back most but even if he's not I don't think the Force lose too much.

Right now I've got the Force inked in for a win on the Tipping contest. The only problem with that is my appalling tipping form. :oops:

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
A must win, this game. If we're fair dinkum about playing finals footy (and why the hell shouldn't we be?) we need to be sharp as an arrow against these blokes. One hundred percent harassment for the full 80 to take their potent backline out of the contest. They're having an ordinary season but are capable of breaking out at any given moment. Smash 'em fellas.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Am I wrong in saying that this year the Blues have NEVER won away? The Force just need to stick to their gameplan, come out rested and firing and they will throttle the Blues backs out of the game. Mathewson is probably the player they want back most but even if he's not I don't think the Force lose too much.

Right now I've got the Force inked in for a win on the Tipping contest. The only problem with that is my appalling tipping form. :oops:

Correct and last year they only won 1 game away too and that was only against the Canes.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
In previous years this is one the Force would roll over on for sure. Think the Kings first game.

Not any more. Force to ugly the visitiors off the paddock. No jailbreaks this weekend.

caymantim

Herbert Moran (7)
Yeah he confirmed that to me last week but still this clip along with the paper today saying he could be back next week bit strange.

But with Burto and junior back we have good cover.

What exactly is wrong with Godwin?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M

Moono75

Morahan should be back the following week against the Reds. This is still the original hammy, he hasn't redone it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Morahan should be back the following week against the Reds. This is still the original hammy, he hasn't redone it.

The papers were saying that Morahan would not be selected for the Commonwealth Games squad because of his hamstring issue. This raises more problems for me:
  1. If he will be ready for next week, why wasn't he included in the squad?
  2. If he was ready for next week, why would the Force release him when they are so close to their first finals appearance?
The article said that the ARU had an agreement with all the franchises that if their team was going to miss the finals, they would release players to the 7's (like McMahon and Gill). Curiouser and curiouser.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The papers were saying that Morahan would not be selected for the Commonwealth Games squad because of his hamstring issue. This raises more problems for me:
  1. If he will be ready for next week, why wasn't he included in the squad?
  2. If he was ready for next week, why would the Force release him when they are so close to their first finals appearance?
The article said that the ARU had an agreement with all the franchises that if their team was going to miss the finals, they would release players to the 7's (like McMahon and Gill). Curiouser and curiouser.

I think you'd find that if Morahan was healthy the reason would have been that he is retained by the Force for their tilt at the finals.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

I like it. The only change I would consider would be to have Wykes at 6 in place of Stander. Coleman starting at 4 in place of Wykes and a bench of MMM and Stander. Is Faulkner still injured? He'd be better than van Wyk surely?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I think you'd find that if Morahan was healthy the reason would have been that he is retained by the Force for their tilt at the finals.

I agree, but that is not what the newspaper said. Still, journalists have been known to get it wrong occasionally. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.