• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Bulls - Rnd 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Godwin is not a goal kicker. He tried in the U20 RWC and had a nasty hook. Not worth pursuing.

More than 50% of the time a team who tries to hold onto the ball in the forwards for 2 minutes will get penalised (usually for the support player not keeping his feet and sealing off). There was no option but to kick. What we needed to do was to kick longer and chase harder so that the Bulls weren't in our half of the field. Flawless discipline in the tackle/ruck would have also helped.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Is that +50% figure a real statistic? Even if it's just your own personal estimate I predict that there is over a 90% chance that it's just under 40% to high...

However in all seriousness by the same coin of your argument teams who usually kick it away to opposition could be said to be as equally guilty at rigging a way ruck penalties. I don't care if you kick it away in the las ten seconds but to kick it back with 3 minutes on the clock and down the fullbacks throat is poor game management.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Foley has often stated the need to close out a game in the last few minutes,whilst having a narrow lead.Maybe some of the players are not listening?

M

Moono75

P.s I think we can all agree that game management is a major weakness of the force right now

Having a strong, vocal captain to rally the players at the end would help. Don't think Wykes is the man. Will be interested to see if there is a major form turnaround when Matt Hodgson returns.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Having a strong, vocal captain to rally the players at the end would help. Don't think Wykes is the man. Will be interested to see if there is a major form turnaround when Matt Hodgson returns.

I think that's right. Sammy's a great team man but I'm not sure he's captaincy material.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Our real issues is our 10. We have one who can kick and not much else and one who can run and not much else. If only we could hybridise the two.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Is that +50% figure a real statistic? Even if it's just your own personal estimate I predict that there is over a 90% chance that it's just under 40% to high.

However in all seriousness by the same coin of your argument teams who usually kick it away to opposition could be said to be as equally guilty at rigging a way ruck penalties. I don't care if you kick it away in the las ten seconds but to kick it back with 3 minutes on the clock and down the fullbacks throat is poor game management.

It is a conservative estimate. I have watched a lot of games and referees hate it when a team effectively kills the ball for a minute of play.

Kicking down the fullbacks throat is poor, but kicking it out would have been worse. The Bulls would have mauled the ball for 10m and then won a penalty in our half. What transpired would have been fine if we'd kept our discipline and not taken any risks at the breakdown. The Bulls rarely got anywhere through our defence all night. If Coleman's tackle hadn't ended that play sequence, the Bulls would have turned it over a few phases later.

Status
Not open for further replies.