• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Bulls - Rnd 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At least you'll face a Sharks team without Bismarck and Steyn who should be rubbed out of the game for a least 10 weeks combined.

Nipper

Ward Prentice (10)
**DELETED** Just gift them the game.

While I totally agree that the ref was bad, good teams adapt. And the Force absolutely shot themselves in the foot (once again) with boneheaded penalties. If you're told 4-5x what he doesn't want from you on the maul, why do you keep doing it?

And why is it that nobody talks about their handling errors in contact? WTF? They lose more ball in contact than any team I've ever seen before - what gives?

And despite Sias' beauty of a 6m penalty, he's a waste on the field. If they have to hide him in attack AND defense, then it's clear that he's a liability. All he knows is to hoof it downfield, and doesn't do that well - every high ball lands inside the 22 for cushy mark. Useless.

They easily should've won that by at least 14.

Good to see Kyle back to his old form.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
there was a lot to like about force and way they played particularly with 13 men for nearly 10mins

Lot that still shows they are far from being a top team...goal kicking by burton shocker and they need to learn to close out and win the close games. Talking about being close and competitive doesn't cut it...as the top quality teams take out and win those close games

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Hey guys I know it was a tough loss, but if it's any consolation your updates throughout the game were seriously entertaining. It honestly read like you were all sitting together in the same living room downing the same Carlton Draughts.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hey guys I know it was a tough loss, but if it's any consolation your updates throughout the game were seriously entertaining. It honestly read like you were all sitting together in the same living room downing the same Carlton Draughts.

When there are some awesome Craft Beers being brewed in the West, why would a bunch of rugby supporters sit around drinking imitation beer?

Not as if they are being forced to do so due to some beer concession/sponsorship arrangement selling overpriced brown liquids approximating beer at a Stadium.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Just finished watching the replay. Gutting loss for the Force. They did so well during the time they were down 2 players. The penalty against Coleman was legit - going by the laws. But I also agree it was soft. As soon as I saw that tackle I said "It's a penalty, shouldn't be really but it is".

Bulls didn't play all that great but they still scrapped out a win & that's what counts in the end.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
To be honest, our season was pretty much over after the loss against the Rebels last week. There were plenty enough positives to take out of this game (Coleman, Godwin playing back into form; Kane Koteka was a starting debut). A win would have been great but it could have been a lot worse. Now that we are definitely out of finals contention, I hope Foley takes the opportunity to give a few more of the younger local players a run. Would love to see RHP come off the bench once or twice.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
A small part of me wishes the Bulls lost because that would taker us one step closer to having this coaching staff fired.

They haven't got the nouse to take what is a very, very good playing roster to the next level.

So far I see no improvement over last year and it is a worry. The players were fucking awful and look scared to play.

As for Force fans crying about the ref. Well, what's new? The world's most hard done by team. Its always the ref. Whether he's Aussie, Kiwi , Saffa, or Uzbeki he is guaranteed to be against them. Must be a hell of a cross to bear to be the only team always singled out. I'm soooo happy my team never gets bad calls against them. Phew. Maybe my guys pray harder before the game and their god likes them more than the oppo? There must be some reason for it. My heart bleeds for you guys. It really does.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
A small part of me wishes the Bulls lost because that would taker us one step closer to having this coaching staff fired.

They haven't got the nouse to take what is a very, very good playing roster to the next level.

So far I see no improvement over last year and it is a worry. The players were fucking awful and look scared to play.

As for Force fans crying about the ref. Well, what's new? The world's most hard done by team. Its always the ref. Whether he's Aussie, Kiwi , Saffa, or Uzbeki he is guaranteed to be against them. Must be a hell of a cross to bear to be the only team always singled out. I'm soooo happy my team never gets bad calls against them. Phew. Maybe my guys pray harder before the game and their god likes them more than the oppo? There must be some reason for it. My heart bleeds for you guys. It really does.

gee how gracious in victory blue

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)

I hate to say it Blue, but that speech is getting as just as old and boring as the people who spend so much time whinging about the ref. I think it is time you both got over it.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Has nothing to do with who you guys played this weekend. It happens after every Force loss.
The reff in the tahs game was awesome. Everyone since has been terrible. Haha. But seriously he wasn't the best, however we lost the game ourselves. With some Better kicking and finishing off our line breaks we would Of Won quite easily.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
I dont't know how people can criticise Sias when Zac Holmes was the one who booted it away at the end of the game. Sias at least has a rugby mind and weighs up his options.

In my eyes Zac Holmes always looks like he is going to kick or run himself.

At this rate they should burton in at 10 as he is one of the only ones playing smart footy.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I dont't know how people can criticise Sias when Zac Holmes was the one who booted it away at the end of the game. Sias at least has a rugby mind and weighs up his options.

In my eyes Zac Holmes always looks like he is going to kick or run himself.

At this rate they should burton in at 10 as he is one of the only ones playing smart footy.

Who is going to do the goalkicking?

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Either way, we were shit on the night, and the Force were the better team for sure.

Sadly, rugby doesn't reward the team who plays the most of it any more.

From a Bulls perspective, we have confirmed that we will have another bad year, as we cannot keep ball in hand week after week, and even Kriel has been infected with the up-and-under disease now.

I have no idea who Ludekak has done favors for, but it must have been some huge stuff. He should've been fired long ago.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Either way, we were shit on the night, and the Force were the better team for sure.

Sadly, rugby doesn't reward the team who plays the most of it any more.

From a Bulls perspective, we have confirmed that we will have another bad year, as we cannot keep ball in hand week after week, and even Kriel has been infected with the up-and-under disease now.

I have no idea who Ludekak has done favors for, but it must have been some huge stuff. He should've been fired long ago.

Yes the Bulls were shit and the force was the better team but the Bulls still won and the good teams are the ones who can still play shit but win the close games..

Shows force have some way to go to be a truly good team but was some good displays by force players - coleman, McCalman, Godwin and button (minus his goalkicking)

Dewald Nel

Cyril Towers (30)
Yes the Bulls were shit and the force was the better team but the Bulls still won and the good teams are the ones who can still play shit but win the close games..

Shows force have some way to go to be a truly good team but was some good displays by force players - coleman, McCalman, Godwin and button (minus his goalkicking)

McCalman was immense - just everywhere, in the middle of every maul and ruck, and in the loose. The line he ran for his try was rugby poetry in motion.

I'm sad to say, if we didn't have Pollard, we would have lost 4 out of 5 by now.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Who is going to do the goalkicking?

Godwin used to kick?

Either way zack Holmes does some good shit but then ruins it with some lacklustre kicking. I wouldn't give shit if he never kicked in play again but seething has to change.

On Friday night the lions kept the ball in the forwards for three minutes before
Kicking it out in the final play. Surely the force should have the foresight and level heads to do the same.

I may be getting worked up over nothing but it's just so frustrating as the force are their own worst enemies and it's shit for the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.