• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Highlanders R15 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
So the Highlanders have announced their B team against an opposition that loves to wreck those who don't show enough respect.

M

Moono75

Doesn't look like too bad a team to me. This is one of those games that as a Force fan you think, OK playing bottom side in the comp, at home, good weather, should be able to knock these guys over....but lingering in the back of the mind is that uneasy feeling that the Highlanders will just click for this game and score a bazillion try's. For us it's all about seeing who to keep for next years roster. I still want to see us finish above the Kings and Rebels if possible. Gap could be too far.

Highlanders v Western Force, NIB Stadium, Perth – Saturday 25 May

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Liam Coltman
3. Ma’afu Fia
4. Brad Thorn (captain)
5. Josh Bekhuis
6. TJ Ioane
7. John Hardie
8. Mose Tuiali’i
9. Aaron Smith
10. Hayden Parker
11. Hosea Gear (vice-captain)
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Tamati Ellison
14. Jason Emery
15. Ben Smith

Reserves
16. Andrew Hore

17. Bronson Murray
18. Joe Wheeler
19. Elliot Dixon
20. Fumiaki Tanaka
21. Colin Slade
22. Tino Nemani/Trent Renata

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah the only first choice players not starting are Hore and Slade but they've played like shit all season.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I wouldn't call that their B team..however this season they have played like a B grade team.

That's exactly how I'd call them. That Highlanders team on paper looks pretty good.

Nonu & Ellison are going to be paired in the centres for the first time this year. Sometimes a new combination can change things around. I don't think they are disrespecting the Force by benching Hore & Slade - I'm going on memory alone but I'm sure there have been other games this year where Hore & Slade have started on the bench.

As a fellow backrower I really like how TJ Ioane plays, very good work rate, fast & powerful leg turn over, wins the majority of his battles in contact.

I have to give the Force the edge in this game. I don't want to put the mockers on it but this potentially could be a very open running game. Hows the weather over there?

Oh & I wish the Force would name their damn team already, don't they know I have a fantasy team to select? ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Force love to loose to teams they should beat. It's their second favourite thing after grinding out the Reds with ugly rugby.

It will be a major step forward if they can put away a team they should beat. The Highlanders are a much better team than their results so far.

M

Moono75

2013 Super Rugby – Week 15
Emirates Western Force v Highlanders
nib Stadium, Perth
Saturday, 25 May 2013
Kick-off: 5.40pm

1. Pek Cowan
2. Heath Tessmann
3. Kieran Longbottom
4. Toby Lynn
5. Sam Wykes
6. Matt Hodgson (c)
7. Chris Alcock
8. Ben McCalman
9. Alby Mathewson
10. Sias Ebersohn
11. Nick Cummins
12. Kyle Godwin
13. Ben Jacobs
14. Patrick Dellit
15. Jayden Hayward

Reserves
16. James Hilterbrand
17. Tetera Faulkner
18. Rory Walton
19. Richard Brown
20. Brett Sheehan
21. Junior Rasolea
22. Sam Norton-Knight

M

Moono75

That's exactly how I'd call them. That Highlanders team on paper looks pretty good.

Nonu & Ellison are going to be paired in the centres for the first time this year. Sometimes a new combination can change things around. I don't think they are disrespecting the Force by benching Hore & Slade - I'm going on memory alone but I'm sure there have been other games this year where Hore & Slade have started on the bench.

As a fellow backrower I really like how TJ Ioane plays, very good work rate, fast & powerful leg turn over, wins the majority of his battles in contact.

I have to give the Force the edge in this game. I don't want to put the mockers on it but this potentially could be a very open running game. Hows the weather over there?

Oh & I wish the Force would name their damn team already, don't they know I have a fantasy team to select? ;)
Weather just tremendous as usual. 23 and sunny.

Unchanged team for the Force. Would be nice for the team to click offensivley and score some trys. We are the lowest scoring team in the Super rugby. Force will be in blue....Highlanders in Green?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Weather just tremendous as usual. 23 and sunny.

Unchanged team for the Force. Would be nice for the team to click offensivley and score some trys. We are the lowest scoring team in the Super rugby. Force will be in blue..Highlanders in Green?

Green with envy of the winning team and blue because we score no many try times. We cover it all.

sad_george_michael.jpg

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I think this will be a great contest to watch. Conditions are going to be perfect. Playmakers Kyle Godwin and Aaron Smith will hopefully put on a good show. If both teams are disciplined I can see both teams putting together many 10+ phase attacks.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'd like the Force to win at least one more game this season, and for the sake of the Brumbies and Waratahs (admittedly dim) finals hopes, it's better if it's this one.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
I think this will be a great contest to watch. Conditions are going to be perfect. Playmakers Kyle Godwin and Aaron Smith will hopefully put on a good show. If both teams are disciplined I can see both teams putting together many 10+ phase attacks.

I know one team that won't be.

Perfect conditions. Two teams that struggle to score, worth placing a penny on a high scoring match today?

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Back line far too deep, they're not moving before the ball clears the ruck. Never good.

Status
Not open for further replies.