• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force v Highlanders R15 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Force deserved to win that one. The ref was back and forth. Some terrible calls both ways. The yellow card was terrible. The ball was a mile out

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
This was not a cripple fight. Cripple fights look way more coordinated & sorted than that game.

Well done to the Force. Gotta feel for Slade with the dropped ball at the end. Got confused between Slade & Smith - Smith was good in this game. The numbers thing with the confusion over the number of players on the pitch was a bit of an ordeal.

Brad Thorn in the post game interview - class act, not that we didn't already know that.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Sheesh, I don't think my heart can take this weekends games. Some really close ones with tense finishes.

Well done force.

Thorn is the complete class act. A great athlete and a great ambassador for the game.

ACR

Bob Davidson (42)
Clear penalty. ACR is on suicide watch.

Let me explain the last 5 minutes, I was, as usual, pissed off with the disgraceful state of play from my team. THEN, Slade went ahead and 'slayed it' with an absolute comical kick. At this point I just sat back and laughed and all was well with the world. Then, miraculously, he stepped up like a boss and pinged it over from 50 and I was mildly impressed. THEN, Nemani temporarily misplaced his head with his rude word for bottom and I sunk into a steaming fit of rage. THEN Nemani got the ball and beat a couple of players and I thought to myself, you're okay for a dumb bastard, but you're still a dumb bastard. THEN we managed to get close to the line and Slade 'slayed it' again, back into my comical induced malaise. THEN we smashed their scrum, put them under pressure, AND THE FORCE SEALED OFF THE RUCK but the ref didn't have the bojangles to give it. End result, I still hate refs, I still hate our assistant coaches, Ben Smith will still be the All Black 15, I lost my money for backing the Highlanders by 1-12 @ $3.40 and I still like rugby somehow.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Gotta feel for Slade with the dropped ball at the end. Got confused between Slade & Smith - Smith was good in this game. The numbers thing with the confusion over the number of players on the pitch was a bit of an ordeal.

Definitely Ben Smith. He's had a very good year despite the Landers very poor one.

I think he'll be a starting AB with Corey Jane out

M

Moono75

[quotergerWA, post: 488528, member: 2975"]Shocking crowd. The ARU and force board better pull their heads out of their arse soon if they want to arrest the slide.[/quote]
I was magnificent.....dont know what your talking about.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Nonu looks completely disinterested, I reckon walking him into the ABs does the Highlanders no favours since he doesn't give a shit.

madflyhalf

Stan Wickham (3)
Sorry for reiterating my question but it's vital for me, for the WF, the Wallabies and the entire World:

What happened to the Honey Badger? Nothing serious I hope!! :(

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Thorn is a champion that's for sure.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369482072.945823.jpg
that ball is out!

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Even if the ball was in his stance he isn't supporting his own body weight so he isn't apart of the ruck at all. That's getting a bit harsh though.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you analyse pictures of every ruck you could always argue someone is off their feet, it's how they get there that's the issue. In this case he had direct contact with a Force player in cleaning him out. Not sealing off or off your feet.

Some part of his foot is past the ball.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If you analyse pictures of every ruck you could always argue someone is off their feet, it's how they get there that's the issue. Some part of his foot is past the ball.
You mean closer to his own goal line - but it not behind it.
The problem is there are no players around the ball they are all to one side of the ball.
Law 16: A ruck is a phase of play where one or more players from each team, who are on their feet, in physical contact, close around the ball on the ground.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Past the ball? I disagree. Anyhow the highlanders We're terrible all game at protecting the ball. Numerous times the force should have came through and grabbed it. In fact numerous times they legally did. It was one of the highlanders problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.