• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maroon Army

I have huge concerns for the Reds against the Force this weekend. Pocock, Hodgson and Brown are all capable of doing some serious damage at the breakdown.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well we're fucked Force by 14.

Swap Toua with Shipperley then we're still fucked & I hope we've learnt from last year not to rush Davies back considering we've already qualified for the finals. Better to keep him on ice for at least another week & hopefully have Harris, Davies & Ioane all return together.

why on earth would they have 6 forwards on the bench?

Because we've got no backs left their all injured or in Italy, Gill can cover as a back & just tackle everything that moves if he comes on.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Because we've got no backs left their all injured or in Italy, Gill can cover as a back & just tackle everything that moves if he comes on.
I highly doubt Link will take such a risk.
Going through the Reds full-time and Academy contracts, the only outside backs that could be selected (not injured or U20's), is Mitch Felsman (Brothers) and Tevita Kuridrani (Uni).
Maybe they will send an SOS to Sitauti and Simon Morahan to bring them home.

Or we could see a few Premier Grade players coming into the side.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
I recall I few years ago we had to get Williams(?) to play for us when he was working at a lawn mower shop on the Gold Coast. I think it was because of epic injuries.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Last night would have been a serious wake up call for the Reds. If they can't make the adjustments for a Force team that aren't as good as them, then I would have serious concerns about their ability to go all the way this year. The back row is the only area where we have a significant advantage and it will be interesting to see how Link deals it. I agree Witt the assessment that the Force either win by a couple or the Reds by plenty.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
For the good of Australian Rugby... Nah just joking. Looks like we are in trouble. The heart ripped out of our defence. We know Chambers can play. Anyone seen him go in club rugby lately?

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
My Force 22:

Longbottom
Charles
Fairbrother
Wykes
Sharpe
Hodgson
Pocock
McCalman

Swanopoel
Stannard
Cummins
JOC (James O'Connor)
Dellit
Smith
Shepherd

Whittaker
Dunning
Hocking
Brown
Sheehan
Inman
Mafi

I think that team should really be able to push the Reds. It has some attacking depth, and JOC (James O'Connor) running off of Chucky and getting quick ball from Swano should be a sight to behold.

The forwards will destroy the Reds powder puff lads. That back row should be giving the Reds fans sleepless nights!
With Diggers, A Fingers and Robinson out...

Force by 10.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Last night would have been a serious wake up call for the Reds. If they can't make the adjustments for a Force team that aren't as good as them, then I would have serious concerns about their ability to go all the way this year. The back row is the only area where we have a significant advantage and it will be interesting to see how Link deals it. I agree Witt the assessment that the Force either win by a couple or the Reds by plenty.

Force pack will destroy the Reds. Backs are a different story, but with no Diggers or Fingers, they arent as potent.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
With Ant and Lucas out, Reds are really going to struggle. Their whole defensive structure is set around these two. If they can get up here it'll be a massive boost, but geez they'd be feeling down today after the loss and news of these injuries. Can't see Harris or Hynes being back either. I'll still be cheering them on, but it'll be tough on em.

To put this into some sort of perspective, the Tahs lost five on Friday night: Robinson, Ryan, Douglas, Mowen and Turner. The Reds only lost three. Welcome to normality after an absolutely charmed run.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Maybe we just play Higgers at 13 and bring back Houston. Having an extra forward on the park won't hurt us at the breakdown.

Isn't Nemani Nadolo kicking around Brisbane at the moment too? And Steve Kefu?

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
My Force 22:

The forwards will destroy the Reds powder puff lads. That back row should be giving the Reds fans sleepless nights!
With Diggers, A Fingers and Robinson out...

Force by 10.

Yes, I agree - that Radike Samo is a real powderpuff.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Maybe we just play Higgers at 13 and bring back Houston. Having an extra forward on the park won't hurt us at the breakdown.

Isn't Nemani Nadolo kicking around Brisbane at the moment too? And Steve Kefu?

You've been drinking the Spiro Zavos kool-aid? Although in a pinch you could do worse, he's got plenty of pace, but defensively no idea of the demands. If it got too bad yesterday I was half expecting him to end up in the backs while another forward came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.