• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Force vs Reds, 2011R17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Watched a replay and yep, the Reds definitely got out of jail there. The final pass from Cooper was a doozy.
Thought Jonno Lance had a great debut, Tapuai had his best game for the Reds, and Chambers played with some confidence.

Injuries are a worry.

Pocock is immense, ridiculously good.

I just watched the ending again with out the red cloud of adrenalin inhibiting most of my senses, how good was that pass. Is there anyone else in Australia who could have thrown that pass? I don't think so.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I was side on with that pass and thought it might have been forward, but watching the replay I think the benefit of the doubt would apply. It was a terrific ball and the kind of thing that QC (Quade Cooper) does that few can't.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
It was a terrific ball and the kind of thing that QC (Quade Cooper) does that few can.

His ability to spread the ball is life changing. It's a real shame Rocket has been injured a lot of the season. The Reds are really really missing his pace in attack. If he had been playing more this season I would probably be saying right now that he is a dead certainty to make the Wallaby squad.

D

daz

I was side on with that pass .

Ah, so thats where you were. As for me, at the end of the game when Coops ran to the side to boot the ball out, I was screaming at him to kick to me. And he very nearly did.

I might have been a bit excited, in truth. Ah, great times....

:)

D

daz

I just watched the ending again with out the red cloud of adrenalin inhibiting most of my senses, how good was that pass. Is there anyone else in Australia who could have thrown that pass? I don't think so.

It was so good, when Dom caught it, it took him a bit longer than normal to realise he had it in his hands.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Most of you guys mustn't watch a lot of rugby.

List before Horwill: Andries Bekker, Sam Whitelock, Brad Thorn, Tom Palmer, Nathan Sharpe, Victor Matfield, Bradley Davies, Richie Gray

Not world-class.

Couldn't let this one slide Qwerty as Horwill just blasted two blokes from your list off the park in the most important game of the year so far.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Horwill hasn't even been playing international rugby for the past 2 years and people think he's world class because he does alright at Super rugby level.

Sure Horwill missed the 2009 tri-nations & all of 2010 but when he was fully fit for the 2008 Tri-nations I'm sure he would have polled very well in the 3-2-1 votes against the All Blacks in Sydney & Brisbane as he was definitely one of our best that season.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Couldn't let this one slide Qwerty as Horwill just blasted two blokes from your list off the park in the most important game of the year so far.

That's pretty sad you felt the need to go back to try to prove me wrong.

I still don't believe I am wrong. We're talking Test level here. Right now Horwill has done nothing on the international stage whilst those blokes I mentioned have, except maybe Bekker. I still believe Horwill is a fantastic lock and has taken his game up since I posted that, but lets see him perform on the international stage before we have more world-class comments - I for one think he will perform.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Does it need to be an ongoing argument? Aren't you both saying he's very good but Qwerty wants to see it confirmed on the international stage before giving him the (admittedly subjective) title of world-class?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Well qwerty loves to throw in his two cents when he doesn't agree & I didn't agree with him that Sam Whitelock should be on that list above James Horwill.

He wanted proof & last night he got it.

Anyway Go Wallabies Super season is now history.

T

tranquility

Horwill is a world class lock. No doubt or smoke and mirrors about it.

T

tranquility

You tell someone up north that and they'll reply "who?" quite fairly.

I'm not sure how you can honestly be so resolute about this after obviously watching the game yesterday? Is your point still that he is not the quality of a world class lock or that he does not have the profile of a world-class lock? Ie; people in the north may not be able to identify him?

I'm confused, but I know that I don't share your opinion.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Maybe you've missed my point but I've never doubted Horwill at Super rugby level. He's had a great season and is certainly a premier lock of the competition and arguably Australia's best atm. However, he has done very little at international level to deserve a tag of world-class which I think is quite appropriate seeing as the word "world" is used. Yes this is because he missed all of 2010 due to injury but the point remains he hasn't dominated at international level yet to warrant any kind of world class tag. I'm sure some knowledgeable rugby fans up north would know who Horwill is and they probably wouldn't have any higher opinion of him than just average. He hasn't done much to deserve higher. I'm sure there are a lot who wouldn't even know who he is. This should change this year and I think he will be able to don the tag of world-class if he continues his good form to international level.

Status
Not open for further replies.