• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Western Sydney Rams . NRC Official Team Thread

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Well we know Paul Asquith will be captain and he and Mitch Walton will be the stand offs with Wessels, Gale and Goddard the scrum halfs.

I believe the Rams are working on guaranteeing that ALL players will be part of the Rams family next year if not signed with a super team.

GunnerDownUnder

Jim Clark (26)
Some of the forwards
Matt Gibbon
David Lolohea
Brandon Paenga-Amosa
Aaron Blacklock
Fili Tufui
Tyrone Viiga
Bradford Kapa
Cohen Masson
Jordan Tuapou

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Holloway is expected back sometime during the season. They also have Kevin Locke (former NZ Warriors winger) and Trent Winterstein from the Sevens squad.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Proof that NSW can't field 3 teams without sharing/relocating Super Rugby players from areas with only 1. Time to drop the eagles and have the Rays and Rams move one game each to the country.

NDale

Bob McCowan (2)
the fact the rams have 1 signed player from another Super Rugby team proved they cant field 3 teams?

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Why must the NRC squads be made up entirely of fringe Super players? I thought one of the aims of the comp was to showcase talent capable of selection for Super sides.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
They don't need to be made "entirely" of super players but they need a certain quota or they just won't compete, especially in the second half. Naiarovoro is playing in Japan.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I thought the idea of the NRC was to give Aust players a shot at the next level
Why are there 4 Fijian players?

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
the fact the rams have 1 signed player from another Super Rugby team proved they cant field 3 teams?

Sorry I'll put it in a better way. NSW can't field 3 competitive teams without the temporarily relocation of players from Canberra, Perth and Melbourne. Nikoro is a blip in the ocean really. Everyone claimed that all that was needed for NSW teams to be able to compete was to drop from 4 to 3 teams but I argued last year that if you combined the two worst NSW teams together (the 2015 Rays and Rams) you just ended up with more players of the same level anyway. What has happened is that the two strongest teams (Stars and Eagles) have merged and the Rays have been blessed by a resurgent Norths Premieship winning team and 3 departing sevens players (lucky it's an olympic year.) But for the Rams... who is going to be their flyhalf? They don't even have the two quality club players Saifoloi and Ayoub.