• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What is the Best Internet Site to Watch Live Rugby??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Love the full replay on the RWC site. Does anyone know how long it takes for them to put the games up?

redstragic

Alan Cameron (40)
Because many are illegal, and we don't help promote illegal stuff.

Got to say that I don't like the options for consuming rugby currently, with everything else going into the cloud and becoming on demand, I wonder long it will take for Rugby to get there, surely the rights holders could still make their scratch off it.

May be off topic but I wonder what the uptake is of watching rugby/ other sports on these livestreams? A couple of years ago we had the running rugby on demand service. I really liked that.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I used to use a legal service called when I lived in Canada. Saffer mob called Mediazone or Sportszone or something. Iffy quality at times and didn't cope well with high demand days like Super finals, etc. Still, it was $99 or something for the year, maybe less. Unfortunately they lost their rights and had to close up shop.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Inside Shoulder, you could glance at the forum rules, it's all pretty clear. Sounds like you want an argument for the sake of it?

H

H...

Got to say that I don't like the options for consuming rugby currently, with everything else going into the cloud and becoming on demand, I wonder long it will take for Rugby to get there, surely the rights holders could still make their scratch off it.

May be off topic but I wonder what the uptake is of watching rugby/ other sports on these livestreams? A couple of years ago we had the running rugby on demand service. I really liked that.

Subscription television is still big business. There's no free alternative to live sports on Fox or Sky or whatever unless you wish to watch the illegal streams, which are shit quality and often get taken down during the game.

FairWeatherAussie

Ted Fahey (11)
Subscription television is still big business. There's no free alternative to live sports on Fox or Sky or whatever unless you wish to watch the illegal streams, which are shit quality and often get taken down during the game.

Unfortunately, depending on where you live, low quality illegal downloads is often the only option for watching certain matches. Now that RugbyZone has lost it's rights, in Europe there's little possibility of watching Super 15's without going to illegal internet streaming sites (unless of course you have a Sky box, which is also illegal in most countries outside of UK)

T

tomo

Is there anyway to see Super Rugby games via the internet this season?

I realise there are illegal sites out there which are crappy quality. I am actually after a decent stream that I am happy to pay for. When I was overseas a couple of years ago there was a site where you paid a couple of dollars a game and got a decent feed. I am often away from home so unable to get Fox Sports.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Tomo we can't discuss illegal streaming on this forum.

However check your inbox, as I have sent you a PM pertinent to the subject that may help.

T

tomo

Thanks mate. I am not after the illegal ones, as they are crap.

I would much prefer to pay for an official fox sports live feed. I see they are doing live feeds with the English Premier League and charging a fee. I wish they would do the same with the Super rugby. Hoping that someone out there is doing something.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
It's nuts that with the technology that's out there today and home unions crying about lack of revenue, there isn't a service out there to cater to the masses. Thumbs out of bums please SANZAR & IRB.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Just for completeness for those stuck here in Ireland at anytime for any reason.

6Ns - streamed live on RTÉ.ie
Pro12 - mix of RTÉ, BBC Northern Ireland and TG4. Only the RTÉ games available via stream on their website.
English Premiership - Sky sports. Available to stream via sky.com as long as you have sports package from sky.
HEC - Sky sports. Available to stream via sky.com as long as you have sports package from sky.
S15 - Sky sports. Available to stream via sky.com as long as you have sports package from sky.

RTÉ are the only free-to-air of those that stream and it checks your IP adress is in the Republic of Ireland.

T

tomo

Bardon, thats exactly what I am after. Like Gagger and Reido said, its crazy that in this day and age there is nothing there. If it was easy people would the the right thing and pay, and thats exactly what I want to do! Guessing if someone had launched something in Australia for the season I would have found out by now. Oh well maybe next year.

T

tomo

Anyone come across a good site now that the season has started??

Safmaster

Frank Row (1)
tv2.jpg

Here

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
There's no reason to associate streaming with illlegality now that there are plenty of legal services. We should be enthusiastic to promote them here.

I have Foxtel for Xbox which has been previously discussed. The disadvantages of this are the relatively high cost ($10 a month for Xbox Live Gold + $20 for Foxtel + $30 for the sports package) and also the quality - it streams at SD only. The advantages are no contracts so you can have it for the duration of the rugby season, and no installation or set top box costs.

On my 20Mbps Bigpond cable there's no lag.

In the next month or so there'll be Foxtel play which will stream to PCs using the same technology and may include an HD option.

Status
Not open for further replies.