• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

What position did/do you play?

What position do/did you play (most of the time)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tip

I played Hooker.

Although no coaches ever realized the potential and skillset I bring to the 15 jersey.

Funnily enough, my twin brother played 15, and I played hooker. He often complained about never being able to put shots on.

So yeah, I spent a great time growing up in club footy covering at the back ;)

And doing the ol' Karmichael Hunt. Catch ball. Run hard, knee's high and Samoan sidestep into the smallest man on the kickchase.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
I actually didn't know they don't term them that anymore..what do they call them - 'one centre' and 'the other centre'?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Oh,these young blokes,KOB!I am with you thinking they still called them inside and outside centre in league.I was never quite quick enough or big enough to play in the centres.I used to play rugby on Saturdays and league on Sundays(in the old Business Houses comp),mostly at half(quick enough over a short distance).

T

Train Without a Station

They just play either side now. Second rowers actually play more like an inside centre, but either side of the field.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sorry I've been busy building things with iron and brawn. And no shortage of skill.

You were saying?

Building with Iron

images

and Brawn

brawn.jpg
?

There are some who may struggle to understand how you could build anything with that, with or without skill.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
i started as a 5/8 at school, but played fullback in the underage and shoolboy rep sides. played most of my senior club and rep rugby as an inside centre, Geoff "Bunter" Shaw model. very occasionally had a run as a breakaway at club level. always played as the THP in 7's. position names bely my age

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Went to a country school with 25 kids so we paired up with another school to play league. Everyone in this team played the same position which was speed bump / road kill.
From year 5 I went to boarding school and after about 3 training sessions was shifted into hooker from wing. Not enough speed or fast twitch muscles.
From then on it was always front row. Prop / Hooker through school and then hooker only after school.

There is definitely one poster on here who I played with at University.

SevensPhD

Chris McKivat (8)
I ran a 10.7 100meters - so spent a lifetime (until age 37) stranded on the wing with those ball-hogging centres! Argh!

Which is why I loved 7s, got to play every position except scrumhalf.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Mainly 5/8 and inside centre at high school, but to be honest I was an openside at heart. Loved the tackle and contact elements of rugby more than the passing and game management.

Status
Not open for further replies.